Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sync Link dual Carb cable system
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
SYNC LINK AD on theSamba

I have purchased this awesome cable control system for dual carbs. I am curious how many folks use it on their 914s. Maybe you could add some pictures etc.... Tell me what you know.

It seems that Pete, the seller, designer and builder of this does not have direct instructions or pictures for our TIV engines, with OEM fan. Jake's DTM fan, yes! even if you have that, show me, please.

In my case, I am installing on a bus with TIV and the OEM fan. So my set up to yours might be backwards. But I would still like to see it and hear your thoughts.

If you have his set up on a bus with OEM fan, let's talk.... popcorn[1].gif

Pete has been helpful, but email conversations are slow back and forth.

I will add some pix later today. I have the brackets and pulleys mounted, but one side does not line up. (cable bracket to pulley)

Thanks,
Clark
930cabman
I recently went around this, tried the hex bar, no go, looked at the tangerine setup, another no go and tried the heritage setup, again no go. I finally fabricated my own bell crank setup. Simple, effective, cheap.

time will tell the long term, but for now there has been a small expense and she works well.
NARP74
For off road use only?
malcolm2
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Oct 11 2022, 02:27 PM) *

For off road use only?

yep.. It is a legal thing. Lot's of vendors make that statement.
malcolm2
Passenger side pulley facing to the front of the bus. Notice that the bracket that holds the cable sleeve (top hole) does not line up with the pulley.

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Do you have a bracket as shown in this photo?
My Sync Link was installed by Jake when he built my 2056.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
malcolm2
Yeah Stephen. I posted pix right above.... Same as you picture but from the outside. But looking at yours it is clear that the top cable is lined up with the pulley groove.

Mine is not lined up. Pete has not said yet, if I have the wrong bracket. I know he has many different ones. As you can see the vertical one has a horizontal hole for the bolt to go in. In this pic it is fully adjusted.

I am thinking that I need to drill and tap another place for the bolt so I will have alignment.

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Oct 11 2022, 07:22 PM) *
Yeah Stephen. I posted pix right above.... Same as you picture but from the outside. But looking at yours it is clear that the top cable is lined up with the pulley groove.

Was on my phone and missed that... dry.gif
Are the brackets the same length?

EDIT: After looking at my pictures, it appears the vertical piece that the cable runs through has a slide adjustment along the bracket. Does yours have that?

driving.gif
malcolm2
OK.... I think I know what is going on here. A few weeks ago, Pete and I conversed via email. I sent him pictures and he explained a few things.

We determined that I needed to switch carbs, side to side... And he would send me a bracket so I could make sure it cleared all the spark plugs. Which it did.

So when I got my new kit, I noticed that he included a PASSENGER side bracket, but I already had the test fitting one mounted so I LEFT IT ON THERE. It does appear that the test fit bracket is longer. That certainly improves the position. I may still need to add a washer behind the pulley, but that is much easier than drilling and tapping.

I will update this post as I move along.

I did hear that Jake was a big fan of these. Pete says he uses them on the DTM shroud, so might not have much info on installing on an engine with an OEM fan. And on a BUS.

Thanks all for adding info.

Click to view attachment
searunner
My Solution for Sync Link Dual carbs (Dell ORTO) to dismantle the oldest shaft and coupling

It Is a simplification of TANGERINE SYSTEM I followed the system of DUPLICATOR of my Bike NORTON Commando 850 - I have found one new PIAGGIO Duplicator more efficient than the British linear Duplicator
Here My Google album 914 UPGRADES Photos-in the first part you can see the BUILT UP of the system

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KmbY1AhqFA63jomC8

ADVANTAGES is
easy sync Carbs operations - very fluid and fast Carbs command, and absolutely NO PLAY- and NO expensive, all the piece was found for less than 50 EURO or $ - fulfilment
ONE DAY with all pieces ready
Brackets from a standard hardware shop - the others from an online Carbs (WEBERS) shop
malcolm2
As with most jobs on these old cars, this one has taken some time... so many ways it can all fit together, no exact directions..... HA, i think i got it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnDRti5jNOc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.