Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: VG condition Smoked Lexan Ginther Windscreen
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ChrisFoley
$1000 obo.
Located in Manchester, CT
Shipping not included.
brant
this is the 2nd one thats come up in a decade...
good price
and completely unavailable...

good pick up for anyone that wants to run in SVRA with a chop top.
brant
Craigers17
I know @roadsportusa was looking for one a few months ago.
BillJ
Completely unobtainable. Tempted to get it just because
mepstein
QUOTE(BillJ @ Oct 11 2022, 04:49 PM) *

Completely unobtainable. Tempted to get it just because

Lol. Same here but I think I will hold back.
ChrisFoley
icon_bump.gif
stownsen914
I know of at least one person who bought a car just to get his hands on one of these
BillJ
Keep in mind most vintage racing orgs will not accept a fibrglass ginther screen. You need this nla part if you want to race topless
BadToTheBown
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 18 2023, 11:37 AM) *

Keep in mind most vintage racing orgs will not accept a fibrglass ginther screen. You need this nla part if you want to race topless

Mine is carbon fiber and I'm thinking of putting a windshield back on, thoughts?
BillJ
If you can run wherever you choose then keep it on. I would think putting a windscreen back on would be tricky??
GregAmy
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 18 2023, 01:37 PM) *

Keep in mind most vintage racing orgs will not accept a fibrglass ginther screen.

Even SCCA doesn't require that for its Production class, the basis for the whole thing:

"Any portion of the windshield that is in the driver’s line of sight,[sic] must be constructed of a clear material."

So I don't know why any vintage group would give a flying funkadelic.

Then again, this wouldn't matter in the Northeast; except for maybe PCA (I don't follow them) the vintage/historics groups up here don't take themselves "srs bzns" and understand this is all for fun and deomonstration. You would not have a problem with Chris' part up here.

Of course, we can easily digress into my entertaining rant about how a little piece of shortie polycarb devolved into a "windshield"...the results of very poor rulesmaking...thanks SCCA...

GA, still Jonesin' to turn his racer into a shortie windshield...but is held back by reason and laziness...that last part comes in handy at times...
brant
Svra does require it though
As silly as it is
And they are by far the largest reaching vintage organization and the only nation wide vintage organization
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.