Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint colour for inner-sail panels/targa bar/deck lid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gord
My painter has found this photo and is asking about how to treat the underside of the targa bar, the inner sail panels and the engine deck lid:

Click to view attachment

My question is if any 914s would have come from the factory with these painted black like the photograph, or if they always would have been the body colour?

Gustl
QUOTE(gord @ Oct 12 2022, 01:34 PM) *

My question is if any 914s would have come from the factory with these painted black like the photograph, or if they always would have been the body colour?

the Porsche 916 came with black inner sail pannels and targa bar
they had the big GT engine lid grill
L-Jet914
QUOTE(gord @ Oct 12 2022, 05:34 AM) *

My painter has found this photo and is asking about how to treat the underside of the targa bar, the inner sail panels and the engine deck lid:

Click to view attachment

My 914 under the targa bar is body color, inner sail panels is body color and engine lid is body color from factory.
gord
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 12 2022, 02:53 PM) *

the Porsche 916 came with black inner sail pannels and targa bar
they had the big GT engine lid grill

Was there a factory option for black, or would this have been inspired by the 916 prototypes?
Gustl
defintitely not a factory option, neither for -4 nor -6

maybe inspired by the 916 style - but simply personal taste from the pre-owner
gord
Great, thanks for the info!
davep
The car in the photo is a pretty good BAD-example in many areas; just so many things wrong with it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.