Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTD: ‘91 Volvo 240 Wagon glass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
jim_hoyland
I posted here because the rear glass window is MLA fro Volvo and the nearest wrecking yard with the glass is in Watsonville. CA
The yard that has one won’t ship, nor will the others.
My Volvo wagon window shattered and luckily is holding together.
Any help will be greatly apprecited, will reimburse for time , etc
Jim
Mueller
Have you tried turbobricks.com?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 12 2022, 01:24 PM) *

Have you tried turbobricks.com?

Yes, went there first. One response for a window in storage. The seller wanted payment before he was going to pull it out. That was a real dead end.
Found one in Watsonville, but it’s too far for me at this time. I’m sure they are available, just haven’t connected yet.
dstudeba
Sorry, none in my Chula Vista yards
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(dstudeba @ Oct 17 2022, 09:53 AM) *

Sorry, none in my Chula Vista yards

Thanks for checking.
fiacra
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 12 2022, 12:31 PM) *

I posted here because the rear glass window is MLA fro Volvo and the nearest wrecking yard with the glass is in Watsonville. CA
The yard that has one won’t ship, nor will the others.
My Volvo wagon window shattered and luckily is holding together.
Any help will be greatly apprecited, will reimburse for time , etc
Jim

Jim,

I don't know these Volvo wagons well, but is there any interchange between the models? The pick-n-pull near me has a 1991 740 wagon that has been in the yard about a week now. If that would work I'm happy to go take a look and try and pull the window for you.

Edit: Never mind. I found an interchange database and it looks like the glass is specific to 1990-1993 240 wagons. Also looked at online images and it appears the shape of the glass is very different.
jim_hoyland
THanks for looking ! The 740 is a different beast, for sure
JOEPROPER
I may have one...
I will know next week.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Oct 21 2022, 04:57 PM) *

I may have one...
I will know next week.

Thanks. I’ll check back.
@JOEPROPER
jim_hoyland
Thanks for those who have chimed in;I'm getting closer ! smile.gif
fiacra
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 2 2022, 04:32 AM) *

@jim_hoyland

Hey Jim, it looks like a 1993 240 Wagon just showed up at the Oakland Pick-n-Pull. I believe that would fit... The inventory list does not say it's a wagon, but looking at the picture it appears to be a wagon? The angle makes it hard for me to tell I'll let you look and see what you think (link below). It is within striking distance of my house but I'm not sure if I can get there this week-end. Anyone else around to "bird dog" and see? If I do pull it, how could I get it to you? Seems like it would be crazy expensive to ship.

https://www.picknpull.com/check-inventory/v...1AS8311P1489590
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(fiacra @ Nov 2 2022, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 2 2022, 04:32 AM) *

@jim_hoyland

Hey Jim, it looks like a 1993 240 Wagon just showed up at the Oakland Pick-n-Pull. I believe that would fit... The inventory list does not say it's a wagon, but looking at the picture it appears to be a wagon? The angle makes it hard for me to tell I'll let you look and see what you think (link below). It is within striking distance of my house but I'm not sure if I can get there this week-end. Anyone else around to "bird dog" and see? If I do pull it, how could I get it to you? Seems like it would be crazy expensive to ship.

Thanks. I’ll check the P&P website today. I registered as a member there.
I once shipped a 914 rear window with defrost cross country.
More later.
Appreciate the heads up !
Jim
jim_hoyland
If it is a 240 wagon and the price is right, it’s a candidate. A glass shop might know how to package it up. I talked to Scott at 914Rubber about this; he said it’s doable. Just gotta do it so it won’t bend and it’s cushioned.

When I shipped the rear 914 glass I made a box out of 1x2 pine; put 1/4’ plywood on the bottom and top. Used newspaper inside to cushion all the corners.
@fiacra
fiacra
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 2 2022, 07:40 PM) *

If it is a 240 wagon and the price is right, it’s a candidate. A glass shop might know how to package it up. I talked to Scott at 914Rubber about this; he said it’s doable. Just gotta do it so it won’t bend and it’s cushioned.

When I shipped the rear 914 glass I made a box out of 1x2 pine; put 1/4’ plywood on the bottom and top. Used newspaper inside to cushion all the corners.
@fiacra

@jim_hoyland

According to the online parts price list it is $48 for glass only, $75 for the full hatch. There are also misc. fees of at least $8, plus tax. Can you tell from the picture if this is a sedan or a wagon. I can't.... I'm happy to bird dog and check. I have to run an errand out that way this week-end so I think I can drop in and see.
jim_hoyland
The VIN decoder shows that car is a Sedan:
Thanks

quote name='fiacra' date='Nov 2 2022, 12:29 PM' post='3039218']
[quote name='jim_hoyland' post='3039118' date='Nov 2 2022, 04:32 AM']
[/quote]

@jim_hoyland

[/quote]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.