Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car starts/dies - Fuel Pump getting 12V
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ovilla
Just swapped motors between 1.8 and 2.0 cars. New 2.0 car starts/runs just fine. BTW, I swapped motor/trans, ECU, FI, relay boards (EVERYTHING in engine bay except the battery). Anyway, on 1.8 checked round fuses on relay board by swapping with blower motor fuses. All fuses are okay. When I start the car the fuel pump does not make the usual humm sounds at startup. Checked voltage to see if 12V and nothing. However, when car key is fully turned and engine is cranking/starting the fuel pump reads 12V. I turn the key and it goes through all of the motions, starts and then quickly dies. Coil is getting 12V on ignition side. Oh, battery is brand new Optima (13+ volts). All reg fuses on relay board look fine (even rotated them a bit). Any ideas before I end up having to get this thing towed away? Any 914 folks here in Chicagoland that know 914's well? My gut tells me that the fuel pump is fine as I had a scare earlier as one of the fuel lines was not on tight enough and I spilled a bunch of gas on the floor (which was scary as hell especially when I saw smoke coming out of the hot engine bay briefly - before I quickly disconnected the battery and aired everything out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Joe Bob
Have ya tried spraying quick start in the intake? If it keeps running it's def fuel....what's the fuel pressure like?
ovilla
Thanks for replying. I'll get some quick start fluid and a pressure gauge tomorrow and try it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.