Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feeler 1970 -4 roller value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
So with forum rules FS……..I cannot post this for sale without a price. I have gotten a wide range of suggestions as to what to do with it including putting it on BAT based on $$$$ cars are bringing. Let me give the specifics.
This is a 1970 -4. #147. I was in the midst of a resto/ mod but ran into an issue I am not going to remedy so project is being aborted.
So the good:
Purportedly Arizona car but purchased in Alabama. It is titled in SC in my name.
Adriatic blue
Car was glass beaded or soda blasted (long story)
Front/rear trunks doors all from other cars and are nice.,
Painter had been working it so exterior is expoxy primed except doors and hood/trunk.
There was no rot in the car so no panels have been replaced.
Would make good platform for build for the right person.

The issues:
Once Bondo was removed from quarters and primed they looked like Bambam used as a toy. To build a quality car the quarters need to be replaced.
The rear trunk panel has perforations so replace or repair.
Right rear suspension “ear” has perforations so needs replacing
Front trunk seal area has perforations
Painter sprayed POR-15 in trunks and engine bay.
No engine/trans
I have load of parts …..but no bumpers.
Trying to establish logical price ( for me as well as buyer)
On the low end I could part out but hate to do that to viable car..
Have loads of pics but just posting a few for your entertainment.
Car is located in Greenville Click to view attachmentSC.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
mepstein
$2,500 ish

"There was no rot in the car so no panels have been replaced."

"The issues:
Once Bondo was removed from quarters and primed they looked like Bambam used as a toy. To build a quality car the quarters need to be replaced.
Front trunk seal area has perforations"

confused24.gif
Cairo94507
$1,500 maybe; I agree with Mark re the work needed. It's sad as the cost to do metal work and the replacement panels just makes these cars tough to save unless the owner does the work and has access to panels cheap. confused24.gif
Craigers17
Depends what you'll take for it. If you'll take $2K, I'd list it here for $2500 and see what happens. You've been straightforward about the condition, so anyone who buys it will know what they're getting into. Someone may want to throw some filler over it and use it as the basis for a race car.

If you're looking to max out your money, I think you're spot on with wanting to list it on BAT as a project....stupid money there and you control the reserve. GLWTS!
sixaddict

Mark
Understand what you are saying.
Like “ like the dash is perfect except for one small crack” dry.gif dry.gif
I should have said in hh or longs.
Thanks for input

quote name='mepstein' date='Oct 13 2022, 06:35 AM' post='3035817']
$2,500 ish

"There was no rot in the car so no panels have been replaced."

"The issues:
Front trunk seal area has perforations"

confused24.gif
[/quote]
dry.gif
sixaddict
Someone told me most value may come from selling of parts of body for a six restoration. Sawzall and spot weld removal sounds like just punishment….
rick 918-S
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Oct 13 2022, 01:26 PM) *

Someone told me most value may come from selling of parts of body for a six restoration. Sawzall and spot weld removal sounds like just punishment….

PM sent assimilate.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Oct 13 2022, 02:26 PM) *

Maybe if fenders and quarters are in great shape
targa72e
sold this car last year as a good reference.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=352498&hl=

The car was very solid rust wise but would need body work. Ended up selling on Ebay for about $2000 so inline with others assessments.

johh
VaccaRabite
Thats way too nice a car to part out. Don't do that!

Zach
sixaddict
I am posting this to give us all some perspective.
The car sold for 2600 on eBay….I sometimes think our “knowledge” keeps prices down.Mark E was right on $$ but a couple of others were devaluing to “part out” price.
Just for the record posting a car for sale here turns into a cluster f that I am unwilling to subject myself to.
So I post on pelican that avoids all the BS commentary……even though it is a lesser audience.
Just sayin…….the car is probably better than he $ it brought but I don’t want to inflate a product so post what it is…….let the $$ speak.
Don’t kill the messenger boys.
������.
mate914
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Oct 31 2022, 07:51 PM) *

I am posting this to give us all some perspective.
The car sold for 2600 on eBay….I sometimes think our “knowledge” keeps prices down.Mark E was right on $$ but a couple of others were devaluing to “part out” price.
Just for the record posting a car for sale here turns into a cluster f that I am unwilling to subject myself to.
So I post on pelican that avoids all the BS commentary……even though it is a lesser audience.
Just sayin…….the car is probably better than he $ it brought but I don’t want to inflate a product so post what it is…….let the $$ speak.
Don’t kill the messenger boys.
������.

So true....

Matt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.