Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worst Porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NARP74
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/what-s...a8518a14a8ad851

The 914 was 4th in this particular poll.
JamesM
"The Porsche 996 was the least terrible model, with only 10.17% thinking it deserved the worst Porsche title. "

Seriously? lol

I think this poll was tainted by cheap 996 owning wanabe snobs.

996 isnt even the best 911... in fact im pretty sure its the worst 911 if not the "worst porsche", at least giving the 986 a run for the money. I struggle to think of anything good about the non-turbo 996s other than they are a cheap 911. Their wipe off interior finish, IMS bearings that like to take out engines, and have you looked at those headlights, or the overall shape of the car?!?!?

As far as Porsches I am least interested is owning the top of the list is 986 followed by non-turbo 996, and I even own a 924 Turbo.

Only things I have heard from Panamera owners is that they are unbelievably amazing. Sure they struggle in the looks category, but they are super posh and have insane performance.

But in the end, Porsches are like BJs, is there really such thing as a "bad" one?
dstudeba
QUOTE(JamesM @ Oct 14 2022, 09:16 AM) *

...and I even own a 924 Turbo.

That is a sweet car.
914_7T3

"The Porsche 996 was the least terrible model, with only 10.17% thinking it deserved the worst Porsche title. "

Seriously? lol

996 isnt even the best 911... in fact im pretty sure its the worst 911 if not the "worst porsche", at least giving the 986 a run for the money. I struggle to think of anything good about the non-turbo 996s other than they are a cheap 911. Their wipe off interior finish, IMS bearings that like to take out engines, and have you looked at those headlights, or the overall shape of the car?!?!?

As far as Porsches I am least interested is owning the top of the list is 986 followed by non-turbo 996, and I even own a 924 Turbo.

Only things I have heard from Panamera owners is that they are unbelievably amazing. Sure they struggle in the looks category, but they are super posh and have insane performance.

But in the end, Porsches are like BJs, is there really such thing as a "bad" one?

Agreed, there is no such thing as a bad Porsche. As someone that daily drives both a Panamera S (4.8L Direct Injection) & 986 (2.7L) I can tell you that the Panamera is Aaaaaaaamazing. However, if I need to get somewere without freeway traffic, the 986 is always my go to. Something abount driving an analog car with manual transmission that works for me.

Mid -engine, 2-Seater, Open Top, what's not to love? 5 years and 35,000 miles later, I love it more than the day I got it. The design has aged incredibly well over the last 20 years...change my mind!

Click to view attachment

first.gif
Van B
QUOTE(JamesM @ Oct 14 2022, 12:16 PM) *

Seriously? lol

Looks like we found one of the respondents... slap.gif

Personally I love the two cars that those 590 fools didn't like.
MCShack
Dumb poll with questionable results, totally useless information serves no purpose.
windforfun

Seriously? lol

You obviously haven't had many BJs in your time.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(windforfun @ Oct 14 2022, 12:43 PM) *

Seriously? lol

Any porsche is better than no porsche, but sounds like we need to get together for beers and story time!

OUCH!

lol

wonkipop
very silly poll.
you don't ask those kinds of questions about porsches.

should be

please list in order -
........what is the least dangerous to most dangerous porsche in your opinion. beer.gif

i know what is at the end of the list.

PCH
At least they called the 914 a Porsche...
NARP74
QUOTE(PCH @ Oct 14 2022, 04:54 PM) *

At least they called the 914 a Porsche...

Good point! lol-2.gif
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(windforfun @ Oct 14 2022, 12:43 PM) *

Seriously? lol

What kind of a car is a BJ ? confused24.gif
vitamin914
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Oct 14 2022, 08:26 PM) *

What kind of a car is a BJ ? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
bkrantz
Next poll: which glamorous super models would you kick out of bed?
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(JamesM @ Oct 14 2022, 08:16 AM) *

Seriously? lol

A friend who works for Porsche said the joke around the water cooler is the 996 is the car the accountants built, one look at the interior and it shows.
wonkipop
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Oct 14 2022, 10:00 PM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Oct 14 2022, 08:16 AM) *

Seriously? lol

A friend who works for Porsche said the joke around the water cooler is the 996 is the car the accountants built, one look at the interior and it shows.

no jokes around the watercooler about how the engineers had sent porsche broke.
or how they went to sleep pumping out 911s for stockbrokers and never bothering to really update it.
not the sort of thing you joke about is it?
a bit like "don't mention the war".

996 and 986 saved porsche's arse.
as did the 924 and to some extent the 914.

disappointed to hear that lack of corporate memory about the good times and the bad times is as prevalent in porsche as it is in any other dumb fuch corporation. i had not thought of them that way before. sad.gif
i think the ancient romans called it hubris.

i agree about the interior, but i can forgive them. it had to be done.
and they fixed it up as soon as they could.
but they were facing a crisis.
Superhawk996
The worst Porsche is the one that is in the left lane, driving under the speed limit, while it’s clueless driver is on the phone oblivious to being passed by other cars on the right. In my experience it’s usually a Panamera. Closely followed by Cayenne’s and Macan’s.
eeyore
Cosmetically, the 986 / 996 / Gen 1 Cayennes are the worst Porsches.

Financially, the worst of the water-cooled Porsches is the one in your garage due for 60k mile service.
Maltese Falcon
Some people just couldn't get over the 996 headlight style, then the IMS engine issues which have been solved by the braintrust of the aftermarket. We're using a 996 (gt2) transaxle in a high HP club racer; been told by (our builder) California Motor Sports that this one should hold up very well !
Click to view attachment
Ansbacher
Any discussion, survey, etc. like this should always be specific to two distinct Porsche companies - Pre-1997 Porsche and Post-1997 Porsche. Comparing cars from these two vastly distinct periods is apples and oranges.

Ansbacher
dt4
every car is of its age
right now in 2022;
I have a 996, its a fantastic car
I have a 914, its primative
I have had a 924, it was basic
I have had a 2.7 986 and a 3.2 986 both were great
bbrock
I'm getting a kick out of reading responses to this. My two favorite Porsches are the 914 and 986. I guess I just have poor taste. teef.gif I have no interest in any Porsche with four doors. Yes, even a long time suffering NARP owner can be a snob about what a "real" Porsche is. beer.gif
PCH
Disable the stability control system and then let's discuss which car handles best.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.