Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just picked up my 2nd 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bagpype
1970. Original fuel injection. Runs and drives. A little rust but nothing shocking. First order of business is to get it to my welder buddies shop to tackle the little rust it has. Then a paint correction. It’s mostly in good shape. Looks to be an older respray. The odd thing about this one is the paint code L30E (Bahia Red) was offered in 1971 on the 914 not 1970. It looks like it must be a custom order? Click to view attachment
jhynesrockmtn
Nice looking car. Interesting they went with the later front bumper with 73/74 bumps. Does the rear have the same?
Bagpype
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Oct 15 2022, 11:04 AM) *

Nice looking car. Interesting they went with the later front bumper with 73/74 bumps. Does the rear have the same?

It does. They are both chrome with the bumps. Is that not a North American thing?
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(Bagpype @ Oct 15 2022, 08:16 AM) *

QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Oct 15 2022, 11:04 AM) *

It does. They are both chrome with the bumps. Is that not a North American thing?

No, that is not a NA thing. A 1970 - 72 will not have these. The 73 had them on the front bumper, 74 on both.

My 1970

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
@jhynesrockmtn is correct. A lot of people, however, over the decades, added the "tits" for a little more protection from people who can't seem to park without hitting the car in front of or behind them. beerchug.gif
Bagpype
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 15 2022, 12:20 PM) *

@jhynesrockmtn is correct. A lot of people, however, over the decades, added the "tits" for a little more protection from people who can't seem to park without hitting the car in front of or behind them. beerchug.gif

I guess that’s what happened to mine. I am ambivalent about them to be honest. I guess I’ll just leave them alone. Come to think of it they were not present on my 71 that I shouldn’t have sold years ago.
Bagpype
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 15 2022, 12:20 PM) *

I guess that’s what happened to mine. I am ambivalent about them to be honest. I guess I’ll just leave them alone. Come to think of it they were not present on my 71 that I shouldn’t have sold years ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.