Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Request for door stop pin picture
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cairo94507
I noticed both of my door stop stay pins had nothing securing them, they were just put in place. What secures them? I see it is drilled so maybe a cotter pin? Is there a special pin/clip? A picture would help.

I had one pop out in my garage when I opened the door- fortunately I was holding the door so it did not open far and strike the fender edge- that would have been terrible. beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Yes factory pins have hole for cotter pin.
Cairo94507
Yup- I have factory pins with holes for cotter pins- I just didn't know if there was some kind of special pin to go in the hole I needed. Thanks, Michael beerchug.gif
doug_b_928
Anyone know the correct size of cotter pin? I’ve been checking at local auto parts stores and have not found cotter pins to match the original; they are all too big.
Cairo94507
It is tiny pins for sure. I had some that were too long, so I cut them before installing them. You need to try an Ace Hardware or the likes. beerchug.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Oct 17 2022, 09:30 AM) *

Anyone know the correct size of cotter pin? I’ve been checking at local auto parts stores and have not found cotter pins to match the original; they are all too big.

@doug_b_928

1.5mm x 10mm
Slightly smaller than 1/16"
You could drill out the hole to 1/16" if you cant find a metric cotter pin.
I find therm to be a pain and prefer to use a 6mm partially threaded allen head bolt and nyloc nut.
doug_b_928
Thanks very much Bruce!
mepstein
I just found a piece of wire that fit through the hole, gave it a twist and all is good.
bbrock
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Oct 17 2022, 10:30 AM) *

I used split tension pins like are used in most modern cars in mine. I picked them up at ACE. Took some effort to squeeze them tight enough that they could be tapped in, but they fit tight with no clicks or rattles when opening the doors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.