Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to do with this stuff now?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
So, after disassembling my 62k mile 75' 10 years ago I'm finally putting it together. I have help; so, stuff is going together nicely.

I've had 2 parts cars at my brothers for the last 20 years and he would like to never see them again.

I thought I got most of the stuff off them and have been feeling slightly guilty about just not sending them to the recycling yard, but as it turns out they have been a good source for figuring out details about putting the wiring harness back in and some other stuff.

as I get more of the good stuff back on the restoration, I'm putting the parts car stuff in a pile.

So, after having stuff in boxes for 10 years, it's not been tedious finding stuff. I've searched for stuff for days at times. Now I'm thinking about this little stuff and wondering if someone else might be needing it.

I guess I can put the small stuff on eBay or something but MY MAIN QUESTION IS...

on the parts cars what is the effort vs. value for the windshield glass (one is factory) and the wiring harnesses. one carcass has been in the weather for 30 years the other 20.
scottsilvertt
I can tell you I need two things.
A windshield, I just broke mine

And I need a behr fresh air box.
Really just the cover just under the windshield.

Scott
Puebloswatcop
I would post anything you have in the sale portion of this site. I hate to see any usable part of these cars just go to the scap yard. Guys (and gals) are always looking for things here to complete projects. And buyers here are reliable.
Montreal914
^^^ That!

Even if it is $5-$10 parts, a lot of people need parts or better parts than what they have. At least offer before getting rid of. smile.gif

Good luck with your fall cleaning!
Type 47
QUOTE(scottsilvertt @ Oct 15 2022, 03:29 PM) *

Scott

I'll check the fresh air box cover. I'm fairly sure I have one.

it's getting cold here in Missouri the next two days, I'll be able to get out to where the parts cars are after that.
Root_Werks
There's still lots of part around, I had really good luck posting WTB in the classifieds here.

The biggest issue I remember running into was forgetting what I ordered. I wound up with a number of duplicate parts. Easy to sell, just annoying.

dry.gif
930cabman
So goes the madness of the world of 914, best of luck
Type 47
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 19 2022, 07:38 AM) *

There's still lots of part around, I had really good luck posting WTB in the classifieds here.

The biggest issue I remember running into was forgetting what I ordered. I wound up with a number of duplicate parts. Easy to sell, just annoying.

dry.gif

Indeed,

That reminds me I do have some new parts to sell also. I have to go over stuff a lot when ordering parts now for that exact reason.

I think you only need 1 of these but I've ordered 3 now.

Click to view attachment
Literati914
I need those ^ , pm me if available.

Type 47

Scott

it's a little rough

Click to view attachment
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Oct 21 2022, 02:34 PM) *

Scott

it's a little rough

Click to view attachment

I have two of those.
Mikey914
Got extra 914rubber parts send back for a refund. You can use it toward this
https://914rubber.com/1973-76-late-air-inle...kit-with-grille

I recognized these as ours from the toolmarks.
scottsilvertt
This of the part I am looking for.
I put the wrong chemical on mine while cleaning, and I messed it up.
Click to view attachment
Type 47
QUOTE(scottsilvertt @ Oct 22 2022, 09:43 AM) *

This of the part I am looking for.
I put the wrong chemical on mine while cleaning, and I messed it up.
Click to view attachment

I did the same thing...scrubbed it down with soap and water, hit it with some light sand paper and sprayed it with some black satin. Looks good now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.