Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS? - Custom window cranks - testing waters for limited run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tygaboy
Hi all - I posted about these in my LS build thread and a few of you mentioned possible interest so I thought I'd post here and see what sort of wider interest there may be.

Price is targeted to be: $175 - $200 per pair, fully optioned (see below)

These start off as Go Westy's high offset window cranks (retail: $30 each plus tax/shipping, see pic below) and get treated to a number of machining operations, as you can see in my build, starting at post #4362:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...900&st=4360

Note, these steps happened AFTER the holes had been added.

So, the options that would impact price are:
- do you want holes in handle?
- do you want that zoomy look at the fastener area?

Option that doesn't is that they now offer these with the knurled knob like on mine, as well as a recessed, smooth knob (see pics). I'm swapping over to those, just fyi.

Anyway, let me know if you'd really be interested is a set. I've just ordered 3 sets so there will likey be at least that many offered for sale. EDIT: Well that didn't take long! These are already spoken for.

Please note that I likely can't source the exact same dimple ring so will come up with something similar. I'll post about that as it gets sorted.

Thanks -
Chris
T.Rick6
I love them, I'll take a pair full option please. beerchug.gif

Todd
Craigers17
I'm in ....fully optioned like first pic. If I have the option, I like the original knob in your first pick. Awesome work!
Pappy1975
These look great!,,, I am in for a fully optioned set. Same as your first picture.

Thanks,
David
tygaboy
That's the initially planned sets spoken for.

I won't ask for any funds until I've sourced the parts and you've all agreed that you're good with everything.

If you aren't one of the above three and are interested, please PM me and I'll start a list.
The good news is that I spoke with Go Westy this morning and they said they make their cranks in batches but can supply me with essentially as many as I may want, schedule aside.

Let me get through this first group and I'll see if it makes sense to do another run.

Thanks all -
Chris
tygaboy
Here are the dimple rings I've sourced. I haven't seen them in person but there are/appear to be minor changes:
- these have more dimples than the prototype
- the tapered face looks to be flat, whereas the prototype has a slight curve

And no, those screws won't be used. They just come as part of the kit.

I think it's one of those "if you hadn't see the earlier set, you'd never know". But I want to be totally transparent so no one is surprised.
Olympic 914
If you decide to do a second run, I'm in.

Full option, Let me know which knob will be available.

racerbvd
Very cool beerchug.gif beer.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Oct 18 2022, 11:38 AM) *

i am also interested if you do that second run.

Phil
Luke M
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Oct 19 2022, 12:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Oct 18 2022, 11:38 AM) *

i am also interested if you do that second run.

Phil

I'd be in for a set as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.