ConeDodger
WCR 2023 in Lake Tahoe, Nevada - June 2nd-4th

https://914rubber.com/2023-west-coast-rambl...ation-and-shirt

Room Prices:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t&id=864844

Mikey914
Sign me up +1
Cairo94507
Sign us up with a +1. We have not been to Lake Tahoe for quite a few years. Looking forward to it. beerchug.gif
Jack Standz
We're in! Two total.

Dodging those big cones!
ValcoOscar
I'm in +1

It's been a while

O

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Go Tahoe ! I’m in; great selection
burton73
I am in. so two

Bob B
Steve
I’m in!! Do I need a passport for the Nevada Side? poke.gif av-943.gif slap.gif pray.gif welcome.png
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 18 2022, 03:21 PM) *

I’m in!! Do I need a passport for the Nevada Side? poke.gif av-943.gif slap.gif pray.gif welcome.png

Yes. av-943.gif
Retroracer
Thanks for sorting the next WCR venue guys. Turns out all venues under consideration were all 7 hours drive away...?

This is the last time I drove up there with a buddy (I think he's driving some sort of older British vehicle):

Click to view attachment

We drove from the Bay Area and stayed near Squaw Valley resort. Both cars shifted in idle at altitude - one went up, one down in RPM, but for the life of me I can't remember which did which. Possibly a difference between 2" SUs on the E-type and the 40TIN Zenith designs. Anyway, a tweak of both idle RPM adjusts fixed things. Some great driving roads around in the summer and some spectacular scenery.

See y'all there...

- Tony
FL000
I love Tahoe any time of the year. I’m in +1
SO.O.C914er
So happy for the Lake Tahoe choice! In + 1
Robarabian
I'll miss you guys!! Ill be in Maui...
hndyhrr
Add me in plus 1
ConeDodger
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Oct 19 2022, 01:25 AM) *

Add me in plus 1

There is an amazing drive through the national parks that exits 5 just south of the Oregon border with California. I visited Mark Whitesell one day to deliver a project and took that route. You should check it out. It will drop you down into Nevada just North of Reno and you can take either 80 West or 50 West to the Lake. I’d take 50 but your in the drivers seat.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 19 2022, 06:14 AM) *

QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Oct 19 2022, 01:25 AM) *

Add me in plus 1

There is an amazing drive through the national parks that exits 5 just south of the Oregon border with California. I visited Mark Whitesell one day to deliver a project and took that route. You should check it out. It will drop you down into Nevada just North of Reno and you can take either 80 West or 50 West to the Lake. I’d take 50 but your in the drivers seat.

I will check that out, thanks.
sb914
I’m in plus 1. Rob I have some leftovers from last 2021
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sb914 @ Oct 19 2022, 10:37 AM) *

I’m in plus 1. Rob I have some leftovers from last 2021

Oooo! evilgrin.gif
914Toy
I am in.
drem914
Add me in with a +1.

Now to head out to the garage and get the car prepped smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
LS1V8Jerry
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 18 2022, 08:59 AM) *

I will be using this thread to flesh out the information the participants need to know.

Not really a discussion thread for now so… mad.gif

Dates June 1 - 4

driving.gif driving-girl.gif

LS1V8Jerry
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 18 2022, 08:59 AM) *

I will be using this thread to flesh out the information the participants need to know.

Not really a discussion thread for now so… mad.gif

Dates June 1 - 4

driving.gif driving-girl.gif

I’m in plus 1
Justinp71

Dang that's my son's birthday weekend... maybe I will bring him confused24.gif
TMM914
Ok after doing the RRC and absolutely loving it I got to do this one.Count the 2 Canadians in!!
914-300Hemi
I’m in plus 1
ThinAir
I'm in!
Unpretentious
It's on our calendar! 2 more for Tahoe!! biggrin.gif
mgp4591
I'm in plus possibly one more...depends on how my passengers seat feels to the concerned butts.
Steve
icon_bump.gif
mxkinn01
Mike and Donna will there.
strawman
Darn, we will be in Barcelona for the F1 race (and to celebrate Nancy's birthday). Have fun -- we lived in Tahoe City for five years in the early aughts and would have enjoyed another WCR there.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(TMM914 @ Oct 19 2022, 10:33 PM) *

Ok after doing the RRC and absolutely loving it I got to do this one.Count the 2 Canadians in!!

C’mon now! I’ve heard the population of Canada is sparse in places but I’m sure there are more than 2 Canadians! lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Jack Standz @ Oct 18 2022, 01:15 PM) *

We're in! Two total.

Dodging those big cones!

Bring her! She’s got some really nice cones! biggrin.gif (Even I’ve never seen pine cones that big at Tahoe and it’s my stomping grounds)
dgw
Grandson is getting married that weekend in Santa Cruz so I cant make it. We havent been to Tahoe for a few years so that would have been fun.
Cairo94507
We are really looking forward to this event. driving.gif
MartyYeoman
Got it on my calendar. driving.gif
ConeDodger
In the background, working on T-shirt design. For now, enjoy this Tahoe winter shot!
Chris914n6
I plan to be there smile.gif
ConeDodger
I need help. I noticed some crunchy sounds and twinges of pain in my left ankle a couple weeks back and I went to see my VA doc. One MRI later and I’m told I need surgery to repair a repair that was done after a hard landing in Iraq. I’m told to stay off my foot and to wear a fancy boot. After surgery, I’ll be in a cast for 3-4 months.

Bottom line, I will not be able to plan and execute, and probably not even attend the event.

Anyone willing to step up? I have the two drives planned. One around the lake, the other follows the UC Davis Bike Clubs “Death Ride” route. The T-Shirt design is pretty much finalized.

Anyone?

@mikey914
@buddyv
Mikey914
I'll do it but can use some help.
Mark
BuddyV
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 20 2023, 08:47 PM) *

I need help. I noticed some crunchy sounds and twinges of pain in my left ankle a couple weeks back and I went to see my VA doc. One MRI later and I’m told I need surgery to repair a repair that was done after a hard landing in Iraq. I’m told to stay off my foot and to wear a fancy boot. After surgery, I’ll be in a cast for 3-4 months.

Bottom line, I will not be able to plan and execute, and probably not even attend the event.

Anyone willing to step up? I have the two drives planned. One around the lake, the other follows the UC Davis Bike Clubs “Death Ride” route. The T-Shirt design is pretty much finalized.

Anyone?

@mikey914
@buddyv

Sorry about your foot.

I can certainly help the organizer during the event. I plan to attend....i can be most helpful if the event is closer to south lake area, as i have family I plan to visit. Otherwise, I may be staying far from headquarters.

But yes, count me in to assist during the events.... not a problem.

Robert
914-300Hemi
Duplicate post. Add me and +1
914-300Hemi
Add me plus 1
jim_hoyland
What’s the latest re acomdations ?
Ottomotion
We hope to be there.
2 people in 2 914's

Also curious about accommodations.
Mikey914
Working on acomidations now. Should have details in a day or two. Just waiting to hear what they can do for us. Harvey’s has a concert on the 4th, but shouldn’t interfere with what we got planned. Also have one other quote going, so we can weigh the 2 against each other.
Mikey914
So far this is what I have -
Harveys Lake Tahoe

LAKE TOWER – Remodeled in 2020
Room Rates

$79 Th

$219 Fr

$259 Sa

With other fees and taxes

Bally's
Thurs: (6/1) – 1 King Bed: $59.00

2 Queen Beds: $79.00

Fri: (6/2) – 1 King Bed: $139.00

2 Queen Beds: $159.00

Sat : (6/3) – 1 King Bed: $199.00

2 Queen Beds: $219.00
+15 a night parking

Need a few other options, so still looking
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 1 2023, 12:24 PM) *

Working on acomidations now. Should have details in a day or two. Just waiting to hear what they can do for us. Harvey’s has a concert on the 4th, but shouldn’t interfere with what we got planned. Also have one other quote going, so we can weigh the 2 against each other.

Harvey’s concert venue is in the parking lot to the east of the hotel in the parking lot that is across the street from the golf course which is on the lake. I think the hotel would like to think that people stay there rather than drive home after the concerts and I’m sure some do. But, it’s only an hour and a half back to Sacramento and an hour to Reno. Still, I’m sure the hotel raises rates to cash in on concerts.
The hotels are concentrated within about a half mile of each other in stateside, NV. You can’t go too far wrong with any accommodation in Stateside.

For you golfers, it’s the golf course they hold the ProAm event at.
BuddyV
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 1 2023, 08:01 AM) *

Harveys Lake Tahoe

Room Rates

$79 Th

$219 Fr

$259 Sa

Bally's

+15 a night parking

Mark - This looks really good (for Tahoe). Nice work!

Robert
Ottomotion
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 1 2023, 10:01 AM) *

Harveys Lake Tahoe

Room Rates

$79 Th

$219 Fr

$259 Sa

Bally's

+15 a night parking

We stay here. It has a great patio and proximity.
Just a suggestion....
https://www.riverranchlodge.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.