Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2023 Lake Tahoe Nevada side
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
flat4guy
We can only come up for the day, most likely Saturday - can we purchase a shirt and join in with a little fun?
Steve
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 5 2023, 10:38 PM) *

Yes, will be posting up a registration tomorrow. We need to have a count for the restaurant to hold space open for us. T-shirts going to press shortly! Pics to follow.

popcorn[1].gif poke.gif Just kidding!! Happy Easter!!
Mikey914
Got the shirt design done. Getting listed up and registration put together now.

Doing Rt66 , so Blake is working hard to get this put together now.
ConeDodger
If you notice the exhaust smoke, you’ll recognize that my car was the model for the T-shirt! av-943.gif
Blake914Rubber
Hello everyone! The registration link is live now at https://914rubber.com/2023-west-coast-rambl...ation-and-shirt

We have set this listing up to not charge for shipping as the shirts will be ready for pickup at the event. Please register as soon as you can so we can make there will be enough shirts in the right sizes for everyone.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Blake914Rubber @ Apr 14 2023, 06:46 PM) *

Hello everyone! The registration link is live now at https://914rubber.com/2023-west-coast-rambl...ation-and-shirt

We have set this listing up to not charge for shipping as the shirts will be ready for pickup at the event. Please register as soon as you can so we can make there will be enough shirts in the right sizes for everyone.

Blake,
I’ll talk to Mark as soon as I get a chance, but I think we also want to make the shirts available to order for those who will not be in attendance…
Picture for visual learners. We will be driving down this street! Probably stopping…
tygaboy
Registered. driving.gif
Steve
Registered! piratenanner.gif driving.gif
ConeDodger
GET YOUR REGISTRATION ON!!!
ConeDodger
Jeremy Renner’s car on the right, mine on left…
Steve
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 16 2023, 08:30 AM) *

Was that a 914? It looks like one, but heavily modified.
Cairo94507
Registered yesterday. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
[quote name='Steve' date='Apr 16 2023, 02:16 PM' post='3071844']
[quote name='ConeDodger' post='3071826' date='Apr 16 2023, 08:30 AM']
[/quote]
Was that a 914? It looks like one, but heavily modified.
[/

It was indeed. V8 car. Probably Beech Boys Racing? He traded it a few weeks later for a nice vintage Mercedes. He lives 17 miles away from me.

Here he is actually driving it…
Steve
Very cool!! Thanks Rob!!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 17 2023, 11:09 AM) *

Very cool!! Thanks Rob!!

De nada. He is pretty busy recovering these days I suspect…
ConeDodger
evilgrin.gif
SO.O.C914er
How are all the roads you would want use on over the weekend. Clearing up every day?
SO.O.C914er
Nice shot of your car in the snow by the way!
Mikey914
Just a heads up, If you register after April 30th we can no guarantee you will get a shirt.

We need 4 weeks so we can have them a week before to take with us. This allows for the shipping to us to process and will not require rushing anything to help keep the cost down. I will notate this in the title block.

Also if you are not attending and want a shirt we are processing that on the the 30th also so sign up here -
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=364790

Put in what you want to get on the thread we will contact you to process them.
slaunch914
Hopefully I will be there!
ConeDodger
Register! evilgrin.gif
ThinAir
Registered
ConeDodger
I said REGISTER!!! evilgrin.gif
flat4guy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 21 2023, 06:30 AM) *

I said REGISTER!!! evilgrin.gif

What size tires are you running?
bajafreaks
I'm new to this event, will there be a car show at all if so where at in SLT?
Also just an FYI Gardnerville/Minden also known as The Carson Valley is about 30 minutes away via Kingsbury Grade (really fun drive) as an alternative to expensive Tahoe accommodations...I live in Gardnerville.
ConeDodger
I talked with my friend that lives in Incline Village who gets around the lake more than I do today. He says the roads are clear of snow with towers of snow on the edges in some places. It’s melting fast, but there are “rivers of melt water” crossing the roads in some spots. Our biggest concern up at the lake are “potholes” big enough that the county has an inclusion on their website to reimburse the damage they may cause!

For this reason, we will likely spend time in the valley below the lake…

Baja, I was thinking a drive down through Markleville to Gardnerville and back up through Washoe Valley. You don’t know the condition of that road do you?

@bajafreaks

The car show is a show and shine at Summit Racings West lot were the motorcyle safety course is run in the summer. It will be Saturday from 10am to 2pm.
bajafreaks
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 21 2023, 07:29 PM) *

I talked with my friend that lives in Incline Village who gets around the lake more than I do today. He says the roads are clear of snow with towers of snow on the edges in some places. It’s melting fast, but there are “rivers of melt water” crossing the roads in some spots. Our biggest concern up at the lake are “potholes” big enough that the county has an inclusion on their website to reimburse the damage they may cause!

For this reason, we will likely spend time in the valley below the lake…

Baja, I was thinking a drive down through Markleville to Gardnerville and back up through Washoe Valley. You don’t know the condition of that road do you? By the time June rolls around a lot of the run off will be gone. Hwy 4 to Markleeville off of 88 is fine although with the fires last year not very pretty to look at. Hwy 88 to 395 in GV is fine also. Both 4 and 88 are a little beat up from our winter from hell.

@bajafreaks

The car show is a show and shine at Summit Racings West lot were the motorcyle safety course is run in the summer. It will be Saturday from 10am to 2pm.

FL000
Bummed but my wife and I need to back out; too much going on with our oldest graduating high school the week prior.

Tahoe is such an amazing area - have fun and avoid those big cones!

Josh
mxkinn01
Mike and Donna are registered.
flat4guy
Isn't Summit racing in Sparks?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Apr 22 2023, 10:54 PM) *

Yes…

Is that a problem?
drem914
QUOTE(FL000 @ Apr 22 2023, 07:13 AM) *

Bummed but my wife and I need to back out; too much going on with our oldest graduating high school the week prior.

Josh

Joyce and I are sorry you both won't be able to make it.

FYI, trying to register on the 914rubber website and it just is not having it.

@Mikey914 let me know what we need to do to get this right. Sent you an email with registration receipt payment info along with shirt order.
Mikey914
I can check on Monday to see where it's at. If you were not able to register and will not make it, no problem. If you do want a Shirt still, you can just put it on the shirt thread and we will catch up at the end of the month.

I'll follow up with you Monday. PM your number.
Thanks,
Mark
sb914
Registered twice! For my wife and I .
Hopefully it worked.
sb914
QUOTE(FL000 @ Apr 22 2023, 07:13 AM) *

Josh

sad.gif
flat4guy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 22 2023, 08:05 PM) *

QUOTE(flat4guy @ Apr 22 2023, 10:54 PM) *

Yes…

Is that a problem?

none what so ever - but as I am in Sacto it is easier to take 80 there vs 50. Thank you.
jim_hoyland
Gonna have to pass on this WCR
ConeDodger
evilgrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Passing on the WCR this year
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 25 2023, 06:04 PM) *

I’m planning to fly to Reno instead of driving. What shuttle service has a good record and reasonable fees ?

We can figure it out Jim.
Mikey914
I’ve used Uber for RT 66 from PSP and to SAN. Dependable and easy. You can even arrange in advance some places.
Steve
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 24 2023, 10:03 AM) *

Please post a list of the registered peeps smile.gif

icon_bump.gif driving.gif
BerntTater
I am desperately trying to make it. The engine went in 2 weeks ago and the rest of everything seems to falling in line. I have been working all weekend long every weekend and about 4 hours a day during the week to get everything done. I started with essentially a parts car 2.5+ years ago. Since then driving the car to my cabin (Modesto to Tahoe) has been my goal coincidentally right near the main meetup.

I have a cabin on Kingsbury grade right near the hotel, do I have to register still?

Does anyone want to come over and lend me a hand?
Mikey914
You do not have to register to attend, however the registration covers a $25 dinner credit and a t shirt.
To be elligible to win anything at the raffle you do need to be registered.

Registration secures seating for the dinner. We may not have enough room for unregistered at the dinner.

So do you have to to join up with us, no.

The real cut off is April 30th as mentioned on the thread for the t-shirts.
jcd914
So on Sunday Mary and I took the 914 for a drive and it stranded us, had to get towed home.
So today I booked a hotel room and registered my wife and I for WCR 2023.

I guess I have to fix my car.

Jim
Mikey914
Great that you found out before the event. I will have an extra tow bar. Hopefully no one will need it.
markhoward
Registered
bajafreaks
FYI I just heard from a good friend that went over the hwy 88 pass from Jackson to Carson Valley its "pothole" city, really bad road conditions due to our winter from hell. Traveling to Tahoe you may considerer using hwy 50 if coming from this part of Calif.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bajafreaks @ Apr 28 2023, 04:50 PM) *

FYI I just heard from a good friend that went over the hwy 88 pass from Jackson to Carson Valley its "pothole" city, really bad road conditions due to our winter from hell. Traveling to Tahoe you may considerer using hwy 50 if coming from this part of Calif.

Just FYI, I have tested part of our drive plan. Coming down 50 from Stateline and through Virginia City. Almost no potholes. We are going to make drive decisions close to event time.

@jcd914 you may not take 50 up from Sacramento. It is forbidden. biggrin.gif
second wind
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Apr 26 2023, 10:50 PM) *

So on Sunday Mary and I took the 914 for a drive and it stranded us, had to get towed home.
So today I booked a hotel room and registered my wife and I for WCR 2023.

I guess I have to fix my car.

Jim

What do you supposed happened? Just like my human age (67) I don't see our cars as old....I am 67 years young....why can't my car be 50 years young as well? This is my goal and mantra.....
gg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.