QUOTE(Steve @ May 1 2023, 09:18 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 26 2023, 04:11 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 24 2023, 10:03 AM) *

Please post a list of the registered peeps smile.gif

icon_bump.gif driving.gif

icon_bump.gif

icon_bump.gif
Mikey914
So…. As we registered through the website to keep track of credits and shirts, I only have names, not user names. So the only list I could publish is the actual names. I’m not real comfortable publishing actual names as I’m sure a few folks may not want me to do so.

So if all that registered want to sound off, that’s fine.
I can say we have 28 registered participants. Look like a good turn out, and Rob is working on another tie in that could be cool.
tygaboy
Registered
Steve
Registered
sb914
Registered x2
MartyYeoman
Registered.
markhoward
Registered
ConeDodger
piratenanner.gif
Steve
Click to view attachment
I wanted to bring the 914-8, but it needs too much work for such a long drive. Maybe next time. This blue car with the 3.2 six and 915 gear box is such a pleasure for long drives.
sb914
QUOTE(Steve @ May 6 2023, 06:04 PM) *

Click to view attachment
I wanted to bring the 914-8, but it needs too much work for such a long drive. Maybe next time. This blue car with the 3.2 six and 915 gear box is such a pleasure for long drives.

Can’t wait to see you again Steve … beerchug.gif
Steve
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 6 2023, 06:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ May 6 2023, 06:04 PM) *

Can’t wait to see you again Steve … beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
Me too!! I miss the old gang in so cal.
mtndawg
I’m a little late but I just got a room across the street! I’m bringing my 996 since the 914 is under the knife.
Steve
QUOTE(mtndawg @ May 8 2023, 06:41 AM) *

I’m a little late but I just got a room across the street! I’m bringing my 996 since the 914 is under the knife.

At least it’s a Porsche. If my 914 was dead I would be bringing my Toyota.
sb914
3 weeks!
drem914
Anyone yet set up a departure time from So Cal for a caravan olympic914.jpg irish914.jpg aubergine914.jpg blue914.jpg silver914.jpg white914.jpg Trailer.jpg up 395?
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(drem914 @ May 10 2023, 10:14 AM) *

Anyone yet set up a departure time from So Cal for a caravan olympic914.jpg irish914.jpg aubergine914.jpg blue914.jpg silver914.jpg white914.jpg Trailer.jpg up 395?

Let's see what others say, but my wife and I are leaving Thursday @5:30am

I believe Jerry and Francine will follow in their LS914

Waiting for my cousin Guido to confirm house-sitting biggrin.gif

Not trailering this time beerchug.gif

Open to caravan up Hwy 395

popcorn[1].gif idea.gif popcorn[1].gif idea.gif

Steve
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 10 2023, 12:58 PM) *

I will be driving up Sunday and staying with relatives until Thursday. Let me know when you guys get there. I will be just over the mountain in Shingle Springs.
drem914

Oscar, we'd like to join you at that time. We'll likely be coming up in the Boxster, the 914 is heading over to Marc's German tomorrow for a once over on the engine to figure out why I am only running on 3 cylinders.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(drem914 @ May 10 2023, 03:26 PM) *

. . . to figure out why I am only running on 3 cylinders.

Around here, we call that a half / 6. lol-2.gif
burton73
Hi 914 buds,

My buddy Mark Sonners and I are registered and flying up Friday and getting a rent a car in Reno. Looking for some passenger seat time in a 914 if it can be had. Shoulder still not working so we will not be in my 6 and Marks RAT eng 914 that is at PMB is not ready.

See you all soon,

Bob B
aktion035.gif
jim_hoyland

Watch for those reduced speed zones…..
mxkinn01
Man I'd love to drive the 914 up from Vegas, but that probably wouldn't fly with the wife. Her idea of roughing it is a hotel room without a hair blow dryer (LOL). So I guess I'll be one of the few towing up.
Click to view attachment
tygaboy
QUOTE(burton73 @ May 12 2023, 02:37 PM) *

Hi 914 buds,

My buddy Mark Sonners and I are registered and flying up Friday and getting a rent a car in Reno. Looking for some passenger seat time in a 914 if it can be had. Shoulder still not working so we will not be in my 6 and Marks RAT eng 914 that is at PMB is not ready.

See you all soon,

Bob B
aktion035.gif

@burton73 Bob - I should have a seat available.
burton73
QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 12 2023, 11:39 PM) *

Hi 914 buds,

See you all soon,

Bob B
aktion035.gif

Chris,
That would be great. Still looking for one more for Mark or me.

Thanks so much,

Bob Burton
mgp4591
Not making it this time...my wife and I are in Sedona for a little enlightenment plus it gives me more time to get my car ready for next year. Have a great time!
Genau Autowerks
Hello guys,

Looking for any more information on the actual event schedule itself? We are signed up, but does anyone have a schedule, hell even an idea about what and when we'll be doing things? We're coming up from the Bay Area and trying to decide what nights we need to be up there.

Drives? Events? What do we know team? I seem to be missing a link or something.

See you in South Shore in three weeks, somewhere, sometime! tongue.gif
Mikey914
Well there are 2 drives that will meet at 9:14 (Friday and Saturday).
There is also a dinner Saturday evening.
If you want to to assure spa e at the dinner you can register, it will also offer a $25 dinner credit at the food venue. We will offer up space as available for those that would like to join. We did make a few extra T-shirts, so of we have the size you want it would include the shirt.

There will be a raffle for prises given away, but only registered participants will get tickets.

The actual detail of the drives are still being finalized due to the winter weather and road conditions. However, if you show up at the hotel parking lot the details will be fully divulged at the drivers meetings.

Genau Autowerks
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 13 2023, 03:23 PM) *

Well there are 2 drives that will meet at 9:14 (Friday and Saturday).
There is also a dinner Saturday evening.
If you want to to assure spa e at the dinner you can register, it will also offer a $25 dinner credit at the food venue. We will offer up space as available for those that would like to join. We did make a few extra T-shirts, so of we have the size you want it would include the shirt.

There will be a raffle for prises given away, but only registered participants will get tickets.

The actual detail of the drives are still being finalized due to the winter weather and road conditions. However, if you show up at the hotel parking lot the details will be fully divulged at the drivers meetings.

Thank you, we'll make Thursday night through Sunday morning reservations somewhere near the hotel! We both already signed up on 914 Rubber.
Steve
QUOTE(burton73 @ May 13 2023, 08:33 AM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 12 2023, 11:39 PM) *

Hi 914 buds,

See you all soon,

Bob B
aktion035.gif

Chris,
That would be great. Still looking for one more for Mark or me.

Thanks so much,

Bob Burton

I might have a seat, just depends on last minute relatives coming along.
sb914
I can use a seat as well .
ConeDodger
The critical element of drive one, Friday is Kingsbury Grade. It goes from just east of the hotel to the garderville minden area. The concern is potholes and snow and water on the roadway. Once we arrive in the gardnerville minden area, we come back north to the south side of Carson City and then up 50 to the hotel. I’m confident that the valley floor is as safe as usual as I still teach at a hospital in Carson once a week so I drive it regularly.

Saturday, we will leave the hotel and head east on 50 down to the valley floor. We stay on 50 through the southern part of Carson City then turn north toward Virginia City. Virginia City is an old mining town with hardly anywhere to park so we’ll pass right through and take the Geiger Grade down to the Damonte Ranch area in South Reno. We’ll then take Veterans Parkway North to Summit Racing retail store in Sparks. This is where we will have our “Bugs on the Bumper Show and Shine.”
After the S&S, we jump on 80 West and heard up to Truckee and back around the Northeast to Southeast side of the lake. The host hotel is on the southeast side of the lake. Then, off to dinner.

You will need a full tank of gas. Don’t make us rescue you.
Steve
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 14 2023, 07:52 AM) *

I can use a seat as well .

What happened to the v8 beast?
sb914
Cars fine. My wife and I are going to explore around for a few more days and just don’t won’t to take it .
pencap914
Booked a room in a nearby hotel, also taking the 996 since the 914 is under the knife... Looking forward to this!
Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
Just a little insight in to why it’s so hard to tell you when and where the drives will be. We are currently, two weeks plus from June and we are at 300% of normal snow pack for the year.
Steve
flag.gif pray.gif
Thank you for your service!! My wife was up in Mammoth a month ago and got two flat tires in her 4 Runner. The snow markers were buried in the snow and they sliced her tires. It's a mess!! Thanks for looking out for us.
Unpretentious
Hi All,

A bit late to the party, but now coming!

Was able to get the car sufficiently "sorted" yesterday with the help of a German neighbor I just met who "happens" to be a retired air-cooled Porsche mechanic. smile.gif

I have an offer for anyone making the 9 hour drive from So Cal, We have a nicely appointed guesthouse free for your use. We're just north of Madera 5 minutes off Hwy 99 exactly half way to Tahoe.

Cathy's not "too keen" on even the 4 1/2 hours from here to Tahoe in the Creamsicle, so she's driving her CRV. That said, if another spouse is of similar mind, riding with her is available too.

Blessings,

Jerry & Cathy Magnuson
Steve
icon_bump.gif
ValcoOscar
We can't wait to see everyone again. biggrin.gif smile.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif drunk.gif cheer.gif chowtime.gif

Driving to WCR this year white914.jpg

O

My wife and I are caravaning up with Franz & Joyce (drem914), and Jerry & Francine

Does anyone else care to join caravan??? Departing early Thur

Click to view attachment
sb914
8 days beerchug.gif
drem914
QUOTE(Steve @ May 1 2023, 09:18 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 26 2023, 04:11 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 24 2023, 10:03 AM) *

Please post a list of the registered peeps smile.gif

icon_bump.gif driving.gif

icon_bump.gif

icon_bump.gif
drem914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 23 2023, 09:20 AM) *

We can't wait to see everyone again. biggrin.gif smile.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif drunk.gif cheer.gif chowtime.gif

O

My wife and I are caravanning up with Franz & Joyce (drem914), and Jerry & Francine

Does anyone else care to join caravan??? Departing early Thur.

The more the merrier. We are going to see some beautiful sights heading up 395 past Mt Whitney and Mono Lake.
Steve
QUOTE(drem914 @ May 24 2023, 11:47 AM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 23 2023, 09:20 AM) *

O

My wife and I are caravanning up with Franz & Joyce (drem914), and Jerry & Francine

Does anyone else care to join caravan??? Departing early Thur.

The more the merrier. We are going to see some beautiful sights heading up 395 past Mt Whitney and Mono Lake.

On the way to Mammoth or Tahoe on the 395 we always stop at https://schatsbakery.com/wp/
for a sandwich and deserts. Awesome turkey sandwiches on there special shepherds bread.
ConeDodger
I drove the Saturday drive route today in my truck. We keep getting asked about the drives but the problem is, we can simply pick a route on a map, but have no way of knowing what the road conditions are like without having eyes and tires on the road.

Here’s what I found:

There are more potholes than usual, but less than I expected.

There is melt water on the roadway in places, but less than I expected.

We are having ‘unsettled’ weather later this year, I encountered rain both up and down the mountain. I would expect conditions to be the same next week. The weather in Tahoe doesn’t care what the calendar says.

You should probably plan on a jacket of some sort and maybe gloves. The ambient temperature was 60 degrees or so. That temperature dropped 20 degrees as I ascended to 8900’ above sea level. (Yes, that is on our route.) I would put the targa on…

I will drive the Friday route tomorrow and update this then.
ConeDodger
Well, it’s a good thing I test drove the route. One of the roads on our Friday drive is under water forcing a detour that takes miles and two small cities off that drive.

But, we have a plan. Curiously, the roads are in better condition for this drive! Almost no potholio’s!

See you all next week!
Unpretentious

Thanks for for-running the route. See you Friday.
ConeDodger
I had the food truck back out for the Summit Racing Show and Shine for Saturday. But in a save, I managed to get a taco truck that does food truck Friday, a weekly event here that draws thousands of people here. I’ve never eaten his stuff. So, if you don’t like authentic Mexican Taco truck fare, plan to bring your lunch…
Steve
Left early to visit relatives in Shingle Springs. Half way there at Harris Ranch Barbecue express
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.