Thurs: (6/1) – 1 King Bed: $59.00

2 Queen Beds: $79.00

Fri: (6/2) – 1 King Bed: $139.00

2 Queen Beds: $159.00

Sat : (6/3) – 1 King Bed: $199.00

2 Queen Beds: $219.00
+15 a night parking

Need a few other options, so still looking

We stay here. It has a great patio and proximity.
Just a suggestion....
https://www.riverranchlodge.com/

You probably know this but the River Lodge is on the opposite side of the lake from the event. A good 30-40 minutes away?
914werke
Are accommodations easier/cheaper south lake vs north lake? idea.gif
Mikey914
Not necessarily.
The area that time of year is busy. Compare the quotes so far to motel 6 and it's $357 for all 3 nights. The difference is that Harvey's will waive parking if under contract by the 5th. Still looking, but will put this to bed soon.
Mikey914
Ok Got this sorted out. We will be staying at the old Montbleu Now Bally's. I was looking around and for the $, unless we stay really low end they are about the same.

I was able to put this together through Priceline and they don't charge a $15 a day fee to park. The other prices are a little more, but it's a wash. It will also allow everyone to book directly and not have to worry about applying a discount.

You can make your reservations here -
https://groupdeals.priceline.com/eh/4b005-1539

If you are coming down on Thursday (like I am) you can change the date in the check in box and hit update to get the rate for that night too.
I would advise booking this early rather than later as I suspect it will fill up.

Note the cancellation penalty of one night before 5/25 at the cheapest rate, so for a few $ maybe pay that??

I think this will offer the best bang for the $
Steve
I'm booked!! Thanks!!
jim_hoyland

Just a suggestion....
[/quote]

Web page says reservation no available ???
Eric_Ciampa
If there is a list of local 914 owners who live close, know the area, and can help out with logistics- sign me up.
Mikey914
[quote name='jim_hoyland' date='Feb 2 2023, 06:48 PM' post='3055202']
Just a suggestion....
[/quote]

Web page says reservation no available ???
[/quote]
https://groupdeals.priceline.com/Hotel/Hote...0145#EventIntro

Still rooms left try the link here Smoking rooms seen to be down to 7.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Eric_Ciampa @ Feb 2 2023, 07:36 PM) *

If there is a list of local 914 owners who live close, know the area, and can help out with logistics- sign me up.

Thanks,
Noted Rob has the drives mapped out, but we may need some help with other items.
drem914
Reservation booked. Thanks!
MartyYeoman
Reservation booked. marty914.jpg
Mikey914
Hopefully will have t-shirt design done this next week.

Working on banquet dinner. Any locals have suggestions?
drem914
QUOTE(drem914 @ Feb 4 2023, 09:33 AM) *

Reservation booked. Thanks!

Now need to work out caravan pick up points for those driving or towing from So Cal
driving.gif Trailer.jpg
mxkinn01
Mike and Donna booked.
Thanks.
Unpretentious
QUOTE(Unpretentious @ Oct 21 2022, 11:46 AM) *

It's on our calendar! 2 more for Tahoe!! biggrin.gif

Not going to be able to make this WCR. Am planning on the Route 66 (Idyllwild) in April. Looking forward to seeing those who can make that event.

Blessings,
Jerry
jim_hoyland
Booked.

See: https://youtu.be/5fsECive61Q
NotLance
College has had me pretty busy these last few months, and I haven't been able to keep up to date on The World. The 914 is sleeping soundly back home for now. Last WCR was a blast but looks like this one is the weekend before finals so I'll have to sit this one out. Look forward to the pictures though!
Cairo94507
OK, booked at Bally's Lake Tahoe for the evening of 6/2 and 6/3. beerchug.gif
RoadGlue
We'll be on a road trip to Montana, but have a great time and we'll see everyone at the Rennsport Reunion in Monterey this Sept.
jack20
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 1 2023, 08:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Ottomotion @ Feb 2 2023, 12:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 1 2023, 10:01 AM) *

So far this is what I have -
Harveys Lake Tahoe

LAKE TOWER – Remodeled in 2020
Room Rates

$79 Th

$219 Fr

$259 Sa

With other fees and taxes

Bally's
Thurs: (6/1) – 1 King Bed: $59.00

2 Queen Beds: $79.00

Fri: (6/2) – 1 King Bed: $139.00

2 Queen Beds: $159.00

Sat : (6/3) – 1 King Bed: $199.00

2 Queen Beds: $219.00
+15 a night parking

Need a few other options, so still looking

Just a suggestion....

You probably know this but the River Lodge is on the opposite side of the lake from the event. A good 30-40 minutes away?

Over an hour away in light traffic. It’s close to Tahoe City.
Rick1952
Reservations booked at Bally's Lake Tahoe. sign up 2 and 1 914.
ConeDodger
I don’t want to create undo worry, the roads are usually dry in June, it is likely though that at least some of the larger ski resorts will be open. Historically, the longest I recall is the 4th of July. We have something like 200% plus of our normal snow pack at this time and it is still snowing.

Bottom line, contact 914Rubber.com and get a reproduction ski rack! Add skiing to the list of optional activities.
ConeDodger
Just so you know what the neighborhood is looking like up here…
Justinp71
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 2 2023, 08:39 PM) *

Is that in Reno?

We were in Tahoe last weekend it was about the same.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Mar 3 2023, 02:55 PM) *

Is that in Reno?

No, Tahoe. I’m having to reconsider the drive route. Markleeville might not be open yet…
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 4 2023, 01:26 AM) *

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Mar 3 2023, 02:55 PM) *

Is that in Reno?

No, Tahoe. I’m having to reconsider the drive route. Markleeville might not be open yet…

Official tally last week at the Berkeley Snow Lab was 47’. But it snowed again yesterday so…
rhodyguy
Brisk winds up top. VERY brisk.
Mikey914
If the snow is too much and roads aren't open we may have to move some activities to the valley, but I have a few ideas.
green914
We will be joining the fun - driving.gif drive up to Tahoe sounds like fun time.
green914
Haven't had the 914 out on any long drives for a long while. look forward to seeing everyone there.
jdbogart@self-serv.net
Hello -
We've booked our room, two total. Judy & Don Bogart
We had a great time at the 2021 WCR. We know this one will be great too!
Cheers!

https://vimeo.com/743827418/f184001735

https://vimeo.com/701078296/5823468817
ConeDodger
blink.gif Just an update on the snow at lake level. 54’ not kidding…
ConeDodger
Every little thing gonna be alright…
Mikey914
I don't think that will be the drive we are on. WOW
The game plan is to do a south valley drive if the hills are still packed....for those that are wondering.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 18 2023, 10:46 AM) *

The game plan is to do a south valley drive if the hills are still packed....for those that are wondering.

I suspect the only thing we will deal with will be snow melt on the roads up at the lake…
sixnotfour
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 18 2023, 08:58 PM) *

I suspect the only thing we will deal with will be snow melt on the roads up at the lake…

And n occasional Rock..
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 19 2023, 12:00 AM) *

And n occasional Rock..

Good point. $7000 from USAA and Scott Yeaman had it good as new…
ConeDodger
This is an actual house in Incline Village! We are now over 55’ and approaching the record for the second highest snowfall total since records were kept. The weather has been warming and this will melt but, again, the ski resorts will likely still be open. The roads are open and dry mostly. This will likely be the most beautiful scene. Snow, blue water, bright sunshine. I can’t wait!
Mikey914
Working out the details for the dinner and have shirts finalized. Will be posting up info this next week.
ConeDodger
As I said, the ski resorts may still be open for you guys who ski. Heavenly if you’re not familiar, is the one that looks straight down at the lake from its summit. The resorts don’t get too aggressive about extending the season. This is a three week extension. The problem is, their staff is seasonal and they have to make sure that they have enough staying on to run the resort. blink.gif
flat4guy
Is there a schedule yet? Grandson's bday that weekend so trying to see when we can get up there to join in, luckily only a 2 hour drive
Steve
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 18 2023, 08:00 PM) *

And n occasional Rock..

There are also a ton of pot holes popping low profile tires from the snow removal equipment. Hopefully some of these will get fixed soon. I was just up there last week in a 4x4.
ConeDodger
We have secured a site for the show and shine. It is looking like many events will be on the valley floor. As I said, the ski resorts may be open, three announced a three week extension of the their season. One announced they will extend to the 4th of July today.
ConeDodger
This is a friend’s house. Taken this week. blink.gif
ConeDodger
What about a boat ride on the lake? I have entirely randomly discovered a 914 guy among my Facebook friends who lives at the lake. He is a boat captain and his job involves excursions. He owns a sailboat called the Pirate but we suspect it will not be big enough for everyone.

I discovered he was a 914 guy when he posted a picture of a rear deck lid he was glassing a spoiler on. WTF! I’ve known him for a year and I didn’t know he had a V8 914 ratrod!

Anyway, if you’re interested, let me know.
Steve
Any idea on the schedule yet? Mainly curious whats happening Thursday or Thursday night? I might drive up Friday morning from Shingle Springs if nothing is happening Thursday.
ConeDodger
Dinner reservations have been made! Saturday Night 6pm…
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 30 2023, 11:32 AM) *

Any idea on the schedule yet? Mainly curious whats happening Thursday or Thursday night? I might drive up Friday morning from Shingle Springs if nothing is happening Thursday.

Steve,
Traditionally,we have a BBQ in the parking lot. We haven’t begun to shape out that end of the schedule because it looks right now,like standing in a parking lot after dark might be uncomfortable. If it is, we would probably take over a room in the hotel. But we have to work out the mechanics and rules for that.
sb914
Mikey914
Yes, will be posting up a registration tomorrow. We need to have a count for the restaurant to hold space open for us. T-shirts going to press shortly! Pics to follow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.