Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: OIL dipstick thermometer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Nacho
Looking for anyone that is willing to sell an oil dipstick thermometer. Please PM if you have one you would like to sell.

Thanks beerchug.gif

-Nacho
jim_hoyland
That’s a product I have been trying to get 914Rubber to make.originally sold by MAINELY BY DESIGN; but NKA.
@mikey914
Mikey914
Part of the reason these may have been discontinued was the current off the shelf stuff to make inexpensively is of poor quality. We can make them ,but a large commitment is required. Haven't been able to pursue this as we have several other large projects in the works.
mark
Nacho
I spoke with the main guy at Precision Maters and he can make them but requires approximately 150 committed buyers for the order. He makes them for 911 and early 912
DC_neun_vierzehn
Why not go with something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Efeng-thermometer-de...spons&psc=1

I measured my dipstick and it was approx. 14". I bought a turkey fryer thermometer on Amazon (like the one above) and laid it next to my dipstick and put a clip on the thermometer to make sure it it would enter the engine at the exact same length and no longer or shorter. Worked great for me. Obviously not a precision temp measurement tool, but I should be within a reasonable +/- range for street use. It seemed to reflect accurately relative to the range the factory center console temp gauge is supposed to represent.
Nacho
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Oct 18 2022, 08:54 PM) *

Why not go with something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Efeng-thermometer-de...spons&psc=1

I measured my dipstick and it was approx. 14". I bought a turkey fryer thermometer on Amazon (like the one above) and laid it next to my dipstick and put a clip on the thermometer to make sure it it would enter the engine at the exact same length and no longer or shorter. Worked great for me. Obviously not a precision temp measurement tool, but I should be within a reasonable +/- range for street use. It seemed to reflect accurately relative to the range the factory center console temp gauge is supposed to represent.

Interesting...as a quick reference tool this would work. Still if anyone has one they would like to sell please pm me.

Thanks

nditiz1
Are Berg and the other vendors in the VW community bot making them anymore?
Nacho
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Oct 19 2022, 07:30 AM) *

Are Berg and the other vendors in the VW community bot making them anymore?

confused24.gif

930cabman
I have on kicking around somewhere from a 356, but often wondered about the accuracy of these?
FlacaProductions
@930cabman - I have one (not for sale - sorry!) and I have found the accuracy to be - at the very least - consistent with the temps that i get from an infrared laser measurement on the drain plug. I trust mine.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Nacho @ Oct 18 2022, 12:37 PM) *

Looking for anyone that is willing to sell an oil dipstick thermometer. Please PM if you have one you would like to sell.

Thanks beerchug.gif

-Nacho

I have one; the plastic cover came off and I can’t find it I really liked the dip-stick thermometer. It was adjustable for calibrating and was a good back-up to oil temp gauge.
If you want it, PM me
@Nacho
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.