Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump Relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
So I am bringing my 914 back to life. I want to turn the engine over but I want to disable the fuel pump first. I thought there is a relay or fuse but the fuse panel doesn’t show one and my relay board doesn’t appear to have one (see picture). So where is it?

Thank you for the help!!!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
your 1.8 has it hanging on the side of the battery stand
jesiv
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 18 2022, 02:35 PM) *

Thank you! I’ll check tomorrow. Hopefully turning it over tomorrow.

Cheers
jesiv
QUOTE(jesiv @ Oct 18 2022, 06:27 PM) *

Cheers

So is this the relay?

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jesiv @ Oct 19 2022, 08:51 AM) *

Cheers

So is this the relay?

Click to view attachment

Yes. That is referred to as a "double relay". It is the predecessor to the DME relay on the 911 Carrera. It is a two part relay, and powers both the ECU and the fuel pump.

The yellow wire connected to the 4 pin connector on the relay board provides a signal when the starter is engaged to turn on the fuel pump, as there is not enough vacuum to open the flap on the air flow meter when cranking. Once the engine is running, the contacts in the air flow meter are connected, so the pump stays running.

Be careful if you buy a replacement. There are ones that look the same, but the pinout is slightly different and the fuel pump won't run.

Hope that helps.

Clay
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Clay the wrong ones end in 121 rather than 120 (bosch number)

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 19 2022, 07:01 AM) *

QUOTE(jesiv @ Oct 19 2022, 08:51 AM) *

Cheers

So is this the relay?

Click to view attachment

Yes. That is referred to as a "double relay". It is the predecessor to the DME relay on the 911 Carrera. It is a two part relay, and powers both the ECU and the fuel pump.

The yellow wire connected to the 4 pin connector on the relay board provides a signal when the starter is engaged to turn on the fuel pump, as there is not enough vacuum to open the flap on the air flow meter when cranking. Once the engine is running, the contacts in the air flow meter are connected, so the pump stays running.

Be careful if you buy a replacement. There are ones that look the same, but the pinout is slightly different and the fuel pump won't run.

Hope that helps.

Clay

jesiv
Thank y’all for the information. Greatly appreciated! I’ll turn 75 over tomorrow!

Cheers

James
jesiv
Thank y’all for the information. Greatly appreciated! I’ll turn 75 over tomorrow!

Cheers

James
jesiv
ENGINE TURNED OVER NICELY!!’

So the fuel pump didn’t run.? Thank y’all for the information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.