914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
VIN comes up as Toms914

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Anyone want to fix my post? confused24.gif
Steve
Is it in Orange County / So Cal? That looks like a car that used to frequent the Enderle Cars & Coffee in Tustin, CA. It was a narrow body 916/Golf color 914-6 conversion with a 2.7 liter engine with Webers.
campbellcj
Click to view attachment

I hope all involved were OK!
rick 918-S
He posted in "what did you do to your 914 today"

Went to c&c in OC had fun going around a clover leaf off ramp turning with throttle :
jim_hoyland
Looks like Tom’s car. Met him at C&C, lives near by
@toms914
ndfrigi
wow! hope the owner was okay!
ValcoOscar
Yup, it's Tom's

See it at 5:20 below...

https://youtu.be/BpVQDwqF_RY

O
Steve
I talked to Tom after said event. Both him and his passenger are fine. Passenger went to the hospital to get checked out. Just bumps and bruises.
sportlicherFahrer
Can't seem to find it on Copart. Anyone have a link to it?
Geezer914
That sucks, but glad to hear no one was injured!
kerensky
Is Copart a repair facility or a salvage yard? That certainly doesn't look repairable to me, but I've been proven wrong before.
dstudeba
QUOTE(kerensky @ Oct 20 2022, 07:49 AM) *

Is Copart a repair facility or a salvage yard? That certainly doesn't look repairable to me, but I've been proven wrong before.

Copart is an auction site which has a lot of insurance totaled vehicles.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
sadly another vintage 914 has bitten the dust after all of these years, the pride money and hours of labor invested in this car is no more. The car could certainly be fixed (I helped my mentor Phil Owings fix many worse than this back in the early 70s), but with labor costs (and just finding someone to do it) the insurance company would certainly total it.

On a related note, all of the cars involved in the hurricane and flood in Florida are being totaled by the insurance companies even with minor repairable damage because the companies just do not have the man power to appraise, have them repaired, and then deal with on going issues, like salt water in the electrical system.
Root_Werks
Glad both are okay and a real bummer about the 914. Get it back and pull that engine if possible. Dunno if the tub is fixable.
bdstone914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 20 2022, 01:58 AM) *

Yup, it's Tom's

O

The shots of his car were at one of my swap meets.
Look to be a couple years ago.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 20 2022, 09:31 AM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 20 2022, 01:58 AM) *

Yup, it's Tom's

O

The shots of his car were at one of my swap meets.
Look to be a couple years ago.

You are correct Bruce, miss them

We need another Swap Meet before winter poke.gif

O
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.