Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what do you do
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
they don't turn off when the shifter is in neutral. couldn't check when it was in any other gear 'cause i had to pull the wires off the switch this morn. on my way to work.

any ideas ... adjustments?
rhodyguy
replace the switch?

k
Rick_Eberle
Mine stayed on in all gears after an extended storage period. They came good after driving the car and warming everything up. I've since changed the trans oil and had no problems.
ArtechnikA
there's a pin that actuates the switch that has been known to fail - but i don't know the failure mode; could get stuck leaving the lights on all the time, i donno.

pull it, flush everything, check switch actuation, replace if defective...
messix
thanks guys. yeh i pulled the old one off the old tranny to see what made it tick, now i have to get the car back on .....JACK STANDS to check on it.[ you know i've never used jack stands so much in so short of time, the jeep i can sit up under almost to do most all work. the race cars we had removable panels to get to just about every thing. god i have to get a creeper. rant done]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.