Well it finally happened I am getting old and can't see as well as I would like into the engine compartment of my 914. So what do you do?

You add more POWER ARGHHHHHHHARGHHHHARGHHHHH!

So I originally had 6 100 watt bulbs in my shop area which is 24x28 And 3 hundred watters in my boat/ storage area, 12x30. These pathetic beasts would only put out 10 foot candles directly under the bulb at bench height and at the floor you could barely move the meter to get a registration on the needle.

So in the boat area I added 5 2 tube T-8 fixtures pulled my foot candles up to 35 at bench height and about 30 at the floor.

The Shop I added 25 lights 2 tube in 4 rows of 5. I now get 55 foot candles at bench height and 50 at the floor. Also due to the design, it is even light, so the entire shop from wall to wall only drops to 45 at the worst point. This is great!!!!!! I can now see into the deepest dark (now lighted corner) of my 914 engine bay, with out a additional light source. So nice.

I will add pictures latter today, I know thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Best $400 I have spent in a long time.

BTW, these are T-8 lights nice clean and efficient - white light with low energy usage, the amp meter shows less draw on the line than I had with the 9 100 Watt bulbs.

Stephen