Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Belt Bolt?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Boothy
Sorry for such a pathetic question. I'm mounting the seat belt crossbar on the old mounts and I don't have the extra seat belt bolts. I went to my special bolt place and the kid futzed with the thread chart and tried to tell me a sloppy fit was right.

These look like an M11 1.25. Can anyone verify?
Maltese Falcon
Seat belt bolt is a D.O.T. standard; I believe T.U.V. equivalent when the 914s were mfg.
7/16" x 20 tpi (thread), 1.5" long, grade 5 to 8.
marty914.jpg
bdstone914
QUOTE(Boothy @ Oct 23 2022, 06:56 PM) *

Sorry for such a pathetic question. I'm mounting the seat belt crossbar on the old mounts and I don't have the extra seat belt bolts. I went to my special bolt place and the kid futzed with the thread chart and tried to tell me a sloppy fit was right.

These look like an M11 1.25. Can anyone verify?

I have lots of replated seat belt bolts. There are four different ones. Three are shoulder bolts of different lenghts. The one that goes in the B pillar is the longest and uses a spacer to alllow the loop to pivot.
Not sure if you want a harness bar to pivot.
Boothy
Thank you!

Didn't realize there were different lengths. I'll try the 7/16 -20 first. Expected it to be mm. I'll IM you Brad if this doesn't work. Best!
bdstone914
QUOTE(Boothy @ Oct 24 2022, 06:14 AM) *

Thank you!

Didn't realize there were different lengths. I'll try the 7/16 -20 first. Expected it to be mm. I'll IM you Brad if this doesn't work. Best!

They are all 7/16 thread. The difference is the shoulder height.
Bruce
Geezer914
The bolt on the drivers side that screws into the tunnel is shorter than the outer bolt. Otherwise it will interfere with the clutch cable. Ask me how I know.
Dave_Darling
The fun part about them being different lengths: If you get a longer bolt in the driver's side right lap belt hole, it gets very difficult to shift into 4th and 5th gear. The end of the longer bolt interferes with the shift rod.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.