Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So are we going to do this or what?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
GaroldShaffer
So what's the plan here? It's August 8th. I need to know for sure what we need $$ wise before I go asking vendors & others for support. Is there any plans to use the same B&B as last year? Lunch / dinner plans......

We to get details worked out then get this nailed on teh main page.
seanery
I didnt know it was in doubt confused24.gif
GaroldShaffer
I wasn't sure. I haven't seen much chatter here. I just I'm not sure what we are offering the sponsors for their support of the event? By this I mean on the event shirt, are we looking for trophy sponsors?

Whats the price to enter the event?

Is there a registration form?

Should we get this nailed on the main page?

Are you still going to be in town then? If not who is going to be the "main dude"?
GaroldShaffer
OK I guess I'm stressing wacko.gif we only have two months to get this together. Isn't there a cut off date to order shirts, get awards made, hotel rooms ect.... If no one else is going to worry about this then I guess I won't work on sponsors.

I can't lead the show from here.
seanery
Don't stress....there is plenty of time...we do need sponsors though. biggrin.gif
GaroldShaffer
Ok, then I need some direction. To whom do sponsors send the money and or door prizes to? is there a paypal address they can send money to? Is there a plan for what "sponsors" get for their $$ & door prize donataions?

Below is what we asked last year.

Presenting Sponsor we are asking for a donation of $500. For this you will get a link to your website on the FFC05 website
Logo on all awards and anywhere the Fall Foliage Logo is used
Logo (sized to fit) in a 3.9" x 2.2" box on front of shirt
Logo (sized to fit) in a 6.1" x 3.5" box on back of shirt
2 XL Event T-Shirts
2 L Event T-Shirts

For an Event sponsor we are asking for a donation of $150. For this you will get a link to your website on the FFC05 website. Along with that the Event Sponsor will get the following:

Event Sponsor:
Logo 3.5" x 2" on back of shirt
2 Event T-Shirts

For a Door Prize sponsor we are asking for a donation of, well a door prize. For this you will get a link to your website on the FFC05 website. Along with that Event Sponsor will get the following:

Door Prize Sponsors:
Logo 2" x 1.2" on back of shirt
1 Event T-Shirt
Doug Leggins
I've been a bit removed from the board lately. Was trying to focus more on the car for a week or so and then went on vacation with no internet access. I'm back now and willing to help get this event set up.

Garold - I can help contact vendors if needed.

Anyone else - let me know if you need assistance. I can also get my wife Susan to help (I think) if we need another resource.
Doug Leggins
Ok folks, we need to kick this up to the top if were gonna have a successful event!

What does it take to get the web site that Dan put together posted on the site? The web site looks fantastic!

I called the hotel a few days ago. They told me that there was a block of 20 rooms listed for the event. However, I don't think that any of them are actually reserved.

GaroldShaffer
for the website, just need the link posted in the nailed topic section and maybe a metion in the regular fourm.

My only question is $35 going to be enough to cover what we need for shirt orders along with the $500 cash we have so far?
Pnambic
OK, so what exactly are the expenses? huh.gif

Shirts and what else?

Doug - What places in Nashville can provide lunch for the picnic? I know there's a Subway, but that's about all I know.

Once we're OK with the entry fee, I'll post a link to the website.
GaroldShaffer
That's what I'm asking confused24.gif somewhere there is a post from Sean saying shirts would be around $1k for a 100 shirts, so we have $500 cash, will $35 cover the extra cost for shirts. I don't think we would have a enough to cover lunch.
Pnambic
OK, so just wild guesses here.

Say 30 paying people = $35 x 30 = $1050
plus the $500 puts us over $1500.

What were our expenses last year?
GaroldShaffer
I don't have totals I think Sean does / did. One other question is do we have enough time to get shirts made?
seanery
we can get short sleeved shirts made for less.
I bet we can get a decent qty for $500-750

Time - 2-3 weeks.

The big thing to figure out is lunch.
Pnambic
Kewl, so what are our options in the area?

Smith Row caters a buffett and plated.

We could do the buffett with two entres for just under $500 including tax and gratuity for 30 people.

$12.95 * 30 = $388.50
tax @ 6% = $77.70
grat @ mandatory 20% = $23.31
---------------------------------------------
total = $489.51

And the menu looks pretty good....though, Sean, you can tell your mom that I would still prefer her chili and company... biggrin.gif chowtime.gif
seanery
that's where we had dinner last time, and I was not really happy with the service. Anyone else have comments?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (seanery @ Sep 15 2005, 06:02 AM)
that's where we had dinner last time, and I was not really happy with the service. Anyone else have comments?

mad.gif I wasn't to thrilled with their service either, but.... I think it would be ok for a buffett since you wouldn't have to wait for your order.

Just for the record, when my SCCA region here had their driving school we had Subway Boxed lunches provided. You got 6 inch sandwhich, chips & cookie for like $6. We didn't take individual orders, but got a choice of 3 different types of sandwhiches. Just a thought. Only problem someone has to go get them.
Pnambic
Hmmm....how many Subway boxed lunches can you fit in a teener... idea.gif

Oh man! I totally forgot about the service with that place. Granted, I think we totally caught them flat-footed. We ran them out of almost everything they had! With a reservation, I would expect it to be better, but you never know. I'm cool with Subway.
GaroldShaffer
Would we be doing lunch in the park again? We could have a some coolers with soda & water, and the box lunches. I like the idea of hot food, but we know what
the weather could be like dry.gif not pushing the boxed lunches just found them easier to work with.
Doug Leggins
Subway in Nashville could work out just fine.

Susan and I are checking on a couple of other options to see if they are a possibility. A friend of ours does hog roasting. Not sure if this would work but looking into cost and if he could roast in the park. Also, A guy I work with (Terry that showed up at the FFC 2 years ago in a Boxster at the park) has a car enthusiast brother-in-law that has a sub shop in Bloomington. I am checking with him on any catering option in the park.

Also looking into reserving a shelter in the park for Saturday. They might all be reserved already. I'll know soon.

How many people do we expect to have for lunch? 40? 50?
Doug Leggins
As far as getting the lunches picked up, I think that I could get Susan to do that. She drives a Yukon XL -plenty of room for food and drinks.
Doug Leggins
Got word from the park that there are 3 shelters still available. 2 are open air, hold about 60 people, parking for about 15 - 18, $30.00 to reserve one. The other is a large enclosed building with electricity, can hold about 210 people, parking for 28, $40.00 to reserve.

Thoughts? Should we reserve a shelter?
seanery
QUOTE (Pnambic @ Sep 15 2005, 03:30 PM)
Granted, I think we totally caught them flat-footed. We ran them out of almost everything they had! With a reservation, I would expect it to be better, but you never know.

We had a reservation. I told her between 25 and 35? and they set for 30 and, well, you know the rest of the story.
Pnambic
What, did they set up for 30 1st grader appetites? huh.gif mad.gif
OK then, Smith Row is out in my opinion. fighting19.gif

The shelter we had last time just barely had room for us, but it was nice enough.
Cozy. smile.gif

If your friend's bro-in-law would cut us a deal on the lunch, I'm sure we'd be more than happy to put him on the shirts and the website.
Doug Leggins
The bro-in-law is swamped with start up issues and is going to be opening on weekends soon, so can't get him to do anything special. He would love to make us a bunch of sandwhiches but can't pull of anything special right now.

Subway sounds good and easy.

The hog roast friend says about $350 for 50 people. That is meat only. we would need to provide anything else. He could do pork or chicken. Chicken is a little more $. He is cooking locally next weekend. I could check it out if we are at all interested.

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Doug Leggins @ Sep 15 2005, 02:41 PM)
Got word from the park that there are 3 shelters still available. 2 are open air, hold about 60 people, parking for about 15 - 18, $30.00 to reserve one. The other is a large enclosed building with electricity, can hold about 210 people, parking for 28, $40.00 to reserve.

Thoughts? Should we reserve a shelter?

I vote building. two reasons: dry & dry biggrin.gif and more parking spaces. We can always mingle outside if the weather is nice.

Subway in Nashville could work out just fine.

Works for me

How many people do we expect to have for lunch? 40? 50?

What we have last year 40ish, right? If we expect that many this year we need to get the registration up on the club site.

Anyone heard from Mark? whats going on with the awards??? Need to know what cost is to cover those also.
Pnambic
Yeah, I agree with everything Garold just said. rolleyes.gif agree.gif
GaroldShaffer
OK, then put the website link up on teh site and lets get this party started beerchug.gif driving.gif party.gif
Pnambic
OK,
- I posted a new topic referencing the Nailed topic
- Put a link to it in the nailed topic
- Put a link to it in my signature
- Submitted another test registration through the website to make sure its working right
I think we're golden guys. smilie_pokal.gif
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif
GaroldShaffer
Umm one question. is it $35 person or car?
Pnambic
there you go with the tuff questions again...

$35 includes 1 shirt
think we'll be able to squeeze in food for a guest as well?

crap, how much for add'l shirts?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Pnambic @ Sep 16 2005, 04:08 PM)
there you go with the tuff questions again...

$35 includes 1 shirt
think we'll be able to squeeze in food for a guest as well?

crap, how much for add'l shirts?

Sorry didn't think about it until I went to register. Also we don't have the cost for extra shirts. I think $15 for each extra shirt would be fair.
Doug Leggins
Guys - time to pick up the FFC talk! We need to encourage folks to sign up and attend. I'll try as much as I can, but this is not one of my better skills -need help on this.

I worked out a plan with Brown County State Park. There is a large parking area at the pool. It can hold probably 75 cars. More than we will need (maybe next year we can fill it up -LOL) but plenty of space in a good location. They use this location for the Shelby Spring Fling (Mustangs and Cobras) and the Corvette show in October. I know the park Manager and got him to agree to open the pool bathrooms for us for the event. This should work out great unless it rains. There is no shelter at this spot. We can still reserve a shelter for rain insurance if we want, but the problems with the shelters that remain is that the parking is not good.

Whadda ya think?

Lets kick it to the top!
GaroldShaffer
As a back up I think we need to have a shelter. Julie I will get down there Friday night after she gets home from work.
GaroldShaffer
Forgot to add that I talked with Brad Mayeur and he wants to be a sponsor plus him and his wife will attend. I will get more detail form him on what he plans to do for the sponorship.
Doug Leggins
Do you know Brad's wife's name, so I can post it too? Can't forget the wives names biggrin.gif . You think brad will be ok with posting his name on the list?

I was there a couple of weeks back and he mentioned that a friend of his would likely attend also. Do you know his fiend's name? Gene? Gene's wife?

I'll try to reserve the Rec Hall shelter. Plenty of inside space, not great parking but we could work something out.
Doug Leggins
Brad as any level of sponsor smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Engman
Award I have covered - finish programming the Sean diabocacal script tomorrow. Hopefully.

M
Doug Leggins
Great Mark! Show us a sample when you can.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.