Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SIZE tag for embedded pix?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ArtechnikA
today went to a thread with a lot of attached pictures and it took a while to scroll to the bottom because the page size bounced around every time an image was rendered.

seems to me if a SIZE tag was added to the generated IMG tag, the page would just come up at the size it's going to be when the HTML is parsed.

'course that'd require the HTML generator be able to extract the image size when the tag is generated, and i donno how easy that'd be...

just a thought...
SirAndy
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Aug 8 2005, 05:55 AM)
'course that'd require the HTML generator be able to extract the image size when the tag is generated, and i donno how easy that'd be...

yeah, i hate that too ...

i'll see if PHP has a option to retrieve the size of a off-site image ...
wink.gif Andy
bondo
I get a similar thing when the "show all" smiley window opens. It opens to a narrow width, but shows the smileys, but once it loads the ttiwwp smiley, it widens that column and recenters the smileys so the end up off the window. I then have to resize the window to see the smileys. Might just be a firefox thing?
redshift
Thanks for all the things you do Andy, other than the search, this one annoys me most...

Sometimes, it's hard to say anything... I feel like it's just enough for it to just be here.. thanks so much, for it all.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.