Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 72 914 project car value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhynesrockmtn
I picked up this 72 1.7 project from a local to me husband and wife a few years ago. They were long term owners and he had taken the car partially apart, bought some new stuff and was getting ready to have some rust repair done and have it painted. He then fell ill. It is originally silver metallic. The overall condition is quite good. I have tons of pics. Battery tray is gone, new one in his parts stash. There is rust in the left side rear taillight area, a piece cut out of right side below sail panel. Both dog legs have a bit of rust. I've included pics here of those areas. The most amazing thing is the interior which is mint other than speakers cut in the door panels. The wife told me the mileage was accurate at just under 80k although I have no way to prove it. It has been sitting for a very long time, stored indoors.

Given what I have on my plate with other projects, I don't think I'll get to this until I'm probably too old to get off my arse and do it right.

Any ideas on value? I have boxes of parts and will get those down and get pics. Thanks in advance with any advice on next steps.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
930cabman
$5.k
Front yard mechanic
Hole in the sail ! Bust rucket did I say that. 1500
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Nov 1 2022, 05:07 PM) *

I can't tell if you are serious or not. As a reference, the roller that was presented here recently with the same value question, sold for $2,600. While this needs some rust repair, it is not a rust bucket. This is full car, not a roller. At $1,500 I'd part it out.
dlee6204
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Nov 1 2022, 08:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Nov 1 2022, 05:07 PM) *

I can't tell if you are serious or not. As a reference, the roller that was presented here recently with the same value question, sold for $2,600. While this needs some rust repair, it is not a rust bucket. This is full car, not a roller. At $1,500 I'd part it out.

No way it’s a 1500$ car. I don’t think 5K is out of line. I’d say closer to 4 but I wouldn’t be surprised if you could get more.
KELTY360
agree.gif $4-5k.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.