Good Evening,

I’m selling my dual turbo 914 project.

73’ 914:
The car was run as a race car in the 90’s by an owner out of Tennessee..I received the car and had my engine guy check it out. It was a 1.7 if memory servers. I elected to begin a V8 conversation…I talked with my engine builder about options.This builder worked on the NHRA circuit and he SCCA circuit for a number of years and has been a go to builder for 30+ years. He’s worked with a number of the top builders and has built several engines for me personally. We elected to do a V8 build from the ground up and turbo the engine; the current header arrangement has 2 turbos. New headers can be installed for a single turbo configuration. I gave my builder an unlimited budget.

We started with a 350 4 bolt main and had his machine shop work the block over. I handed him the “wish list” of elements for the engine that included a new crank (internally balanced), the entire rotating assembly (with 8:1 rings, new rods (all new bearings of corse)) and every nut and bolt for the install. The heads came from my running dual turbo yellow 914. They have scorpion roller rockers and lapped valve ports. The engine has a Demon carb; I forget the CFM but it is tuned and already driven with a turbo setup. This carb sits on a Weiland intake manifold (usually used for engine’s with a blower).The headers were bought with T3/T4 registers and integrated blow off valves. That’s a short description of the engine.

Transmission:

The 4 speed manual transmission was bought and rebuilt from the ground up. The rebuilder dropped the case while they were cleaning it and begrudgingly had to replace it with a new case….so, the transmission is a brand new 930 transmission case with all new synco's and wearables replaced. The differential has been flipped and has LSD (limited slip differential) installed. The total cost of JUST the transmission was 10K…(BTW, the engine build with all parts and who rebuilt it was around 15K. The transmission rebuilder included all of the elements needed for the installation of the cable shifter and the shifter itself. The mount from body to transmission is a custom built tube frame to install into this 914 with new transmission mounts by Porsche.

Both the engine and transmission were completely rebuilt independently and then joined by a Renegade Hybrids plate that is meant to join a SB Chevy to the 930 transmission particularly. The clutch pack is new with a titanium plate. The drive shafts are newly rebuilt with new U-joints and covers. The rear control arms have had the bearings replaced….the drivetrain stands as a unit…there was no detail left out. The total for JUST the drivetrain is nearing 25K.

The body and frame of this black 914 is customized with wide body fiberglass flares. The longitudinals and all engine bay frameworks have been replaced with substantial reinforcements. They are built from 2x4 5/8ths rectangular tubing. This is the same high strength structural steels used in buildings etc. The suspension on the front is from a 83 930/911SC. All of wheels have been converted to 5 lug and have upgraded 4 piston brembos on all 4 corners. The half shafts are larger 930 (beefy) shafts and are already joined to the drivetrain.

The car is being built as a street legal car with an estimated 900-1200hp power plant. Parts are being included to complete this build with the sale.

The car is located in the Atlanta area.