Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
Today, August 8, 2005. A day which will live in infamy. smile.gif biggrin.gif clap.gif w00t.gif .................................

The day has come, and gone smoothly, and hell yes, I passed my drivers test. cool.gif Missed a lot, but I passed.

Come on, you all remember this fine day, right? It's freedom. I am a free man. Enjoy my joy. Smile with me. smile.gif

goose2
smilie_pokal.gif Congrats Zack....I remember that day well biggrin.gif
bd1308
me too...on that day I saw a 914 on the test course...i knew my fate was sealed when that red 914 was first towed into my driveway....

congrats man, i honestly thought you were older.....but congrats.

its a whole new definition of freedom.....like night and day, like VW and porsche( or what the truists think)...
Allan
That's great!!!!!

Aren't you like 35 or something? wink.gif
smg914
Congratulations Zack, you're a better man than me. I failed my driving test the first time because I didn't know my name. Funny but true. When the guy got in the car with me, he gets his paper work out and then asks me, "What's your name"? And I failed that test. It's a long story.
bd1308
QUOTE (smg914 @ Aug 8 2005, 01:05 PM)
Congratulations Zack, you're a better man than me. I failed my driving test the first time because I didn't know my name. Funny but true. When the guy got in the car with me, he gets his paper work out and then asks me, "What's your name"? And I failed that test. It's a long story.

oh oh oh share...
smg914
Oh what the heck.............

The name on my birth certificate is Michael Steven and the name on my driver's license is Steven Michael (I've always gone by the name Steve). So when he asked me what my name was, I attempeted to explain. He looked at me and said, "I'm gonna fail you and you can come back and take the driving test when you figure out what your name is"
Mueller
congrats....

I failed my 1st test.....blew thru a blind intersection and failed due to my car....I had a Datsun 510 that had bad brakes, I had to pump them in order to stop....the DMV guy was not amused smile.gif
tdgray
Passed with flying colors on my first try smilie_pokal.gif

Proceeded to have three accidents in six months huh.gif

Just because you can take a test don't mean you are ready to drive. wink.gif

Oh BTW.... I have not had an accident for 13 years..... now where is that wood unsure.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Hammy @ Aug 8 2005, 11:55 AM)
Come on, you all remember this fine day, right?

haha, yeah, after driving in germany for 20 years (accident free) i had to take a driving test to get my CA license ...

theoretical was easy, then we proceed on to the actual driving.
i had rented a car for that day and we take off, the guy sitting next to me taking notes on a form paper, checking off things ...

after the driving, he says, one more error and you would have failed ... unsure.gif

so i ask him if i can keep the paper and he hands it to me.
next to almost every item on his checklist he had scribbled "too fast" ...
laugh.gif Andy
LuckieO
Congrats! Ah, feel the freedom! smilie_pokal.gif
i love porsche
congrats! what a great day that was!!!!

and consider yourself lucky to be drivng your 914!

when i got my license, my mom woiuldnt let me drive my integra for a month, cause it was stick, and she was scared id ruin everything
neo914-6
Congrats!

Reminds me of Jim of "Taxi" during a drivers test asking his friends: what does a yellow light mean? "slow down!" o k, w h a t d o e s y e l l o w m e a n? "slow down!" o k, w h a t...
tdgray
QUOTE (Neo914-6 @ Aug 8 2005, 07:22 PM)
Congrats!

Reminds me of Jim of "Taxi" during a drivers test asking his friends: what does a yellow light mean? "slow down!" o k, w h a t d o e s y e l l o w m e a n? "slow down!" o k, w h a t...

They'll never get that too young, Glad I'm not.... that was freakin hilarious biggrin.gif
Mrs. K
smilie_pokal.gif Congrats!
Yes, I remember the day very well.....DMV guy told me at the end of my driving test "they don't like it when we do this..."
I was like a"WTF did I fail sad.gif " and he went on to say "but you didn't make ANY mistakes and you passed with 100%"

My drivers Ed teacher at school posted my paper smilie_pokal.gif
And no tickets or accidents till '98 when a f-ing drunk driver hit me!

Be careful and drive safe!

BTW....my daughter just got her first car today...she is your age too!

Lisa driving-girl.gif
redshift
I used a a huge chevy, and the instructor said, "Hold on, I need you to do the parking test, let me move the cones out some." but by that time, I was already parked in between them.

She looked at me like I had been driving alot already...

laugh.gif

I learned to drive a stick shifter in my buddies neighborhood, in his 67 bug, all night long.. talk about twisties! w00t.gif

M
Hammy
cool.gif Yeah. Fun day. Well I missed 12 and the most you can miss is 15. Close huh.gif But freedom is here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.