Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing a headlight in down position
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LouCity914
Can someone tell me if there is a trick to getting a headlight bucket out that's in the down position? Is there some sort of release? I obviously have to power and wanted to pull the buckets both to restore and to get to the rust lurking behind them (call it a hunch lol but I'll bet there is some).
JON H
QUOTE(LouCity914 @ Nov 2 2022, 11:09 AM) *

Can someone tell me if there is a trick to getting a headlight bucket out that's in the down position? Is there some sort of release? I obviously have to power and wanted to pull the buckets both to restore and to get to the rust lurking behind them (call it a hunch lol but I'll bet there is some).

Can you manually crank the knob on the back of the motor to raise the light?

Jon H.
ndfrigi
turn this knob to open the headlight up

Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
Pull the relay first though. Even though you have no power. Get in the habit.

Those motors are STRONG.

Zach
Retroracer
agree.gif

Agreed. A good habit to get into when messing around with these. Human fingers are useful, even if there is some built in redundancy.

- Tony
LouCity914
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Nov 2 2022, 12:24 PM) *

agree.gif

Agreed. A good habit to get into when messing around with these. Human fingers are useful, even if there is some built in redundancy.

- Tony

Thanks all! I'll give this a try tonight!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.