Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taylor's new car thanks to Wes Pt 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Well a few of you may have followed the original thread, and we have come a long way. Carry and super-inlaw were invaluable in this story. You can see the original progress here -

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=taylor+wes

So it's time to start putting this thing together. It still needs seam sealer and some paint, but we used the Raptor tint-able bed liner on the bottom and wheel wells, and have a gallon + of paint mixed so the color will be consistent. We have shot the headlight buckets and much of the underside so we should be able to begin assembly in about 2 weeks.

I just wanted to share the progress and help to give Taylor some motivation to get this completed as I can only do so much.
tygaboy
WCR 2023! You can do it! cheer.gif piratenanner.gif driving.gif
Cairo94507
This is where all the real fun begins as you put her back together and get her running. beerchug.gif
Mikey914
We are disassembling the suspension now and will be sending out for powder coating. That and cleaning up the engine tin and bits.
mgp4591
So clean... look forward to this coming together! aktion035.gif
Mikey914
deceivingly so We still have a few places we needed to do seam sealer that we will have to do / redo and shoot a little paint onto, but that will only take a day or two.
Andyrew
Such a clean slate!!!
Mikey914
Got my 1st set of metal off to be blasted and powder coated
76-914
Super nice Mark! Taylor is a fortunate young man. Looking forward to seeing it in paint and assembled. Seems like there might be some tax advantage if it were the company car. shades.gif
Mikey914
Unfortunately, if it were a company car, there are other issues. I want this to be all his. Mikey has his car and hopefully will be comming to WCR with my Grandson Ryan. Really want this to be a family event.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.