Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gingerman Weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
roundboy914
Just got back froma weekend at Gingeman in South Haven, Mi. The track is a blast, and perfect for 914's. I was running 1:48's in my first weekend. The track is lots more fun than Blackhawk. No other 914's, save for a 3.6l race car (John T. - were the hell were you?). There were three others that stopped by on Sunday, but they were not driving. I had to settle on passing 944's and 911's all day. The car ran great, just added 1/2 of Valvoline, and re-torqued the lug nuts Sunday morning. 7 run groups, and never missed a beat. The 911 GT3 parked next to me was running 1:40's and 1:39's.
Can't wait for next year.
Matt
i love porsche
sounds like lots of fun!
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
seanery
If you like Gingerman, you'll probably like Putnam Park. It's just outside of Indy. It's considered a "sister" track to Gingerman. A decent 914 can run with just about anything but the super-tweaked cars there.
morgan
I was there, He did a great job. Very fast in the corners that's where in counts.

P.S. I was the guy working corner 3

John
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (roundboy914 @ Aug 8 2005, 12:53 PM)
No other 914's, save for a 3.6l race car (John T. - were the hell were you?). There were three others that stopped by on Sunday, but they were not driving.

He was at the MWC.

Hi John wavey.gif

roundboy914
Thanks for your kind words John. That track was a blast, still wearing a candy eatin' grin.
Yeah, i think i'll try Putnam Park next year.
No photos, yet.
SteveSr
QUOTE (roundboy914 @ Aug 9 2005, 06:21 AM)

Yeah, i think i'll try Putnam Park next year.

Putnam Park is a hoot!!!.......was there for the PCA- D.E. this past spring.
Watched " Mudfoot76" drive his green 2.0ltr. right on the bumpers of the 911's/GT3's it was cool!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

SteveSr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.