Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She's Here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnmhudson111
I just got a call to schedule the delivery of my car mueba.gif it will either come tonight or 1st thing in the morning!!!! beerchug.gif
balljoint
Don't forget to take lots of pictures..........or you know what you're going to see. ohmy.gif
johnmhudson111
So this morning I walk outside and I see this.....
MoveQik
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
driving.gif
johnmhudson111
Had enough time to pull her in the garage and snap this..
johnmhudson111
And this..
johnmhudson111
Now I am sitting at waork feeling like a kid that just got the best Christmas present in the world only to be told that it is time to go to grandma's house and I can't take the present with me..... dry.gif
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif nice looking car!!!
Kerrys914
John, it looks like your getting alittle sick icon8.gif . Maybe you should take the rest of the day off wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

Nice ride and please go home and tell her you love her wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif and you'll never leave her home alone again wacko.gif wub.gif

Photo's and details, once you get home beerchug.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Aug 9 2005, 10:22 AM)
smilie_pokal.gif nice looking car!!!

I have to thank Craig at Camp914 for that. I bought it from him.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Aug 9 2005, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Aug 9 2005, 10:22 AM)
smilie_pokal.gif  nice looking car!!!

I have to thank Craig at Camp914 for that. I bought it from him.

smart man!! Craig's a great guy, and a true asset to the 914 community! smilie_pokal.gif
Allan
Mmmmm, silver. drooley.gif
balljoint
It's pretty. So pretty in fact that it makes me want to raise my eyebrows.....but I don't have any!?!

Your kid is probably charging the neighbour's kids a buck a piece to sit in it and make vroom vroom noises as we speak.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Headrage @ Aug 9 2005, 10:50 AM)
Mmmmm, silver. drooley.gif

I hear that silver is faster than yellow or orange driving.gif

johnmhudson111
QUOTE (balljoint @ Aug 9 2005, 11:09 AM)
It's pretty. So pretty in fact that it makes me want to raise my eyebrows.....but I don't have any!?!

Your kid is probably charging the neighbour's kids a buck a piece to sit in it and make vroom vroom noises as we speak.

If I get my 5 bolt rear trailing arms before the weekend she will be wearing new shoes. Lot of work to do but most of the major hurdles have been cleared. Might get the new dash in this week too......

My son was asleep when it got delivered so I bet he freaked out when he saw it in garage this morning. biggrin.gif That kid in the picture is one of his 5 cousins that live on our street. They were all waiting for the school bus when it came.
Joe Ricard
Damn proud of you.
Already have mods planned for it and it hasn't even sat in one spot long enough to make a oil spot mark.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Aug 9 2005, 11:59 AM)
Damn proud of you.
Already have mods planned for it and it hasn't even sat in one spot long enough to make a oil spot mark.

You mean these things leak? laugh.gif

Everyday I come home and see if the parts bunny has visited my house. rolleyes.gif
redshift
hey nice it's the RIGHT COLOR!

smilie_pokal.gif

smile.gif

M
johnmhudson111
This thing is a load of fun, my son and I took a road trip around the block and we had a BLAST!!!!

Ok, now we get to work. The dash is out (anyone need a nice stock dash?) and the gauges are in the Getty dash that came today. It goes to get covered tomorrow or the next day. I test fitted the center console and it fits. I noticed a few tears in the vinyl but nothing that can't be repaired.

The bad news is there was water standing in the rear trunk and one of the inside door panels was soaked. I think it will dry out and be fine. I am going to have fun figuring out the wiring. dry.gif yea right.

Just waiting on a few remaining parts to roll in and I will just be putting it together!!! rocking nana.gif
Eric_Shea
Just sent you an e-mail. USPS loves to take their sweet ass time with those 50lb boxes. It should be there before the weekend.

Go squirt those 17mm bolts with PB Blaster. Take the plastic covers off and load them up. smilie_pokal.gif
Eric Taylor
Congrats man! That was a beauty, I remember drooling all over it when I was last at craig's. Its just so dam pretty! Have fun projects are the best, finished cars are overrated biggrin.gif .
Eric
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Eric Taylor @ Aug 9 2005, 11:46 PM)
Congrats man! That was a beauty, I remember drooling all over it when I was last at craig's. Its just so dam pretty! Have fun projects are the best, finished cars are overrated biggrin.gif .
Eric

I have to tell you I was just a little anxious about buying the car, this is the 1st time I have ever bought a car without actually putting my hands on it. Turned out pretty well. I discovered a "goodie" box in the front trunk that had a lot of odds and ends. I can't say enough about Craig and the other guys here that I have talked to about the car and parts for it.

Looking for a good welder in close to Memphis that works for beer welder.gif beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
i think i remember that one too. 1.8? nice paint, clean tub. inventory at camp must be getting low these days. there's been a regular stream of 914s departing oregon.

k
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 10 2005, 09:07 AM)
i think i remember that one too. 1.8? nice paint, clean tub. inventory at camp must be getting low these days. there's been a regular stream of 914s departing oregon.

k

Yes, it has a 1.8 from a '75. Nice paint, I saw a few rust bubbles on the passenger side front fender last night, nothing major.

Glad to do my part by bringing a 914 east driving.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Aug 9 2005, 11:39 AM)
If I get my 5 bolt rear trailing arms before the weekend she will be wearing new shoes. Lot of work to do but most of the major hurdles have been cleared. Might get the new dash in this week too......

Got my care packages from Eric and Craig yesterday smilie_pokal.gif, looks like I have my weekend line up.

1. Finish up gauge installation, new dash should be ready to pick up Monday or Tuesday from upolstry shop. I will post some pics of this once finished up...
2. Trace down any wiring issues with stereo/amp installation and clean that up
3. Put 5 bolt coversion on rear, get fronts ready to go in.
4. Time permitting, begin to get tail lights and blinkers working and install trunk shoxs.

Busy busy busy

Had to take all of my son's cousins for a ride around the block last night, they all voted that the 914 was cool aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.