Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: had my court date today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
i love porsche
alright...had the court date today..pleaded guilty and it was reduced to an unsafe operation ticket with no points!

but the bad part is that the fine was $383 including court costs...but my insurance would have gone way past that with 4 points

*sigh of relief*
d914
924!!!! should have pleaded not guilty!!! biggrin.gif
jonwatts
Insanity with a wookie defense.
Mueller
924S??

You'd think they would have issued the ticket to the tow-truck driver instead wacko.gif smile.gif
i love porsche
hey now...no making fun of the wasser cooler, its a great ride and is in awesome condition...

and im sure youve had more breakdowns, mueller hide.gif

hehe, jk
SLITS
You get the prize.... smilie_pokal.gif ....you beat me by $83.00

I feel better now rolleyes.gif
bondo
4 points!!??! How fast were you going? Maybe the point system is different there, but I'm pretty sure 4 points is "suspended license" here. Also, when you plead guilty here, they say "ok, next!", and mark you down as guilty. I'm pretty sure in CA you have to plead no contest to make any deals, or agree to plead guilty to a lesser offense.
Dead Air
QUOTE (i love porsche @ Aug 8 2005, 02:56 PM)
alright...had the court date today..pleaded guilty

You mean "pleaded guilty to a lesser charge"?
Jake Raby
When I was 17 I got a 500.00 wreckless driving ticket for throwing circles in the parking lot of Mc Donalds... In a 1967 Karmann Ghia....

That sucked- I had to sell a car to pay the fine!

Luckily I have never gotten a speeding ticket, but have came dangerously close at getting one (several times) with triple digits on it!
SGB
got a ticket in my neighborhood a few months ago (30 in a 25 mph zone- gasp). Officer wouldn't answer if she had a radar reading. dry.gif
Told the judge my speedo was 7% off based on GPS. Her response was "that meant I was operating an unsafe vehicle" and I bettter think carefuully before going forward with that defense. mad.gif
So I was out $200 + and I had to go to traffic school for a week.
flipa.gif
i love porsche
well they gave me an option of pleading guilty or non guilty...

through pleading guilty, they would lower the charges..and non guilty i would have to go to a trial....

its a pretty easy decision

and yeah...4 points for 15 over the speed limit...i belive loss of license is at 12 points..but they make you take the driving school at 8 or so
MattR
QUOTE (SLITS @ Aug 8 2005, 04:20 PM)
You get the prize.... smilie_pokal.gif ....you beat me by $83.00

I feel better now rolleyes.gif

Yeah, but your story was better...
rhodyguy
used to be 15 over could have been neg driving in washington. 20 over=reckless. my big complaint these days is people entering intersections on a red light. the old " well it's yellow now, i'll just speed up a bit and not have to stop". nearly got creamed by a dumptruck pulling a backhoe last week blowing the intersection at 50 in a 35. if i would have proceeded on the green light it would have been all over. the state needs to make it an automatic $1k fine, impound the car, and a years suspension of the driver's license. half of the time people are talking on the phone too.

k
balljoint
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 9 2005, 11:01 AM)
my big complaint these days is people entering intersections on a red light. the old " well it's yellow now, i'll just speed up a bit and not have to stop". nearly got creamed by a dumptruck pulling a backhoe last week blowing the intersection at 50 in a 35. if i would have proceeded on the green light it would have been all over.

k

Big intersection near my office has tractor-trailers running reds at 100 kph all the time. At least one fatality every year for the last 7 years. Bad scene.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.