Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Porsche Class Action Settlement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914sgofast2
I know that many of the members of the 914 World Forum own more than a Porsche 914. If you own a Porsche Boxster, Cayman or 911 built between 2005-2019, you may be eligible to participate in a class action settlement payment ranging from approximately $200 to $750 per car due to Porsche's misrepresentation of the car's fuel economy and/or exhaust emissions profile.

Go to this website to find out more:

https://www.porschegasolinesettlementusa.com

I just learned about this from a short article on the Reuters news website. The deadline to submit a claim online is December 7, 2022. I will be submitting a claim for my 2006 Cayman S.
Richard McLeod
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Nov 9 2022, 01:39 PM) *

I know that many of the members of the 914 World Forum own more than a Porsche 914. If you own a Porsche Boxster, Cayman or 911 built between 2005-2019, you may be eligible to participate in a class action settlement payment ranging from approximately $200 to $750 per car due to Porsche's misrepresentation of the car's fuel economy and/or exhaust emissions profile.

Go to this website to find out more:

https://www.porschegasolinesettlementusa.com

I just learned about this from a short article on the Reuters news website. The deadline to submit a claim online is December 7, 2022. I will be submitting a claim for my 2006 Cayman S.

Just found out about this last night, submitted my claim for my 2011 Cayman today
KSCarrera
So, out of interest, did you guys decide to buy your Caymans based on the fuel economy and emissions profile?
Front yard mechanic
The fine print says no one from cali need apply lol-2.gif
sixaddict
Was all excited …thought everyone was getting paid for IMS repairs dry.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Nov 10 2022, 07:32 AM) *

So, out of interest, did you guys decide to buy your Caymans based on the fuel economy and emissions profile?

av-943.gif

pray.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
another sue happy lawsuit that is meaningless, like was stated, who buys one of these cars based on fuel economy. FUNNY thing though is how so many 914 owners over the years have exaggerated their 914 fuel economy to me in my many many conversations with owners.
So what does YOUR 914 average in miles per gallon?
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 10 2022, 08:02 AM) *

25+ on the freeway
<20 around town
<5 on the track
biggrin.gif
mb911
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 10 2022, 08:02 AM) *

another sue happy lawsuit that is meaningless, like was stated, who buys one of these cars based on fuel economy. FUNNY thing though is how so many 914 owners over the years have exaggerated their 914 fuel economy to me in my many many conversations with owners.

I could care less about my fuel economy on the 914. My DDs yea a bit more but not that much. My 18 Silverado gets 20 and my wife’s pilot something in the high 20s. The 914 is all about smiles per mile
campbellcj
The other thing many people may not realize is that we all pay for these class-action lawsuits in the end, thru higher prices. The lawyers are the ones who really make out.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Nov 10 2022, 01:10 PM) *

The other thing many people may not realize is that we all pay for these class-action lawsuits in the end, thru higher prices. The lawyers are the ones who really make out.

av-943.gif

pray.gif
914sgofast2
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Nov 10 2022, 10:10 AM) *

I don't think the management of VW-Porsche would have shelled out around $80Million if this class action lawsuit was without any merit. They got caught again with their pants down.
GregAmy
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Nov 10 2022, 02:38 PM) *

I don't think the management of VW-Porsche would have shelled out around $80Million if this class action lawsuit was without any merit. They got caught again with their pants down.

"I don't think" you know how these work. It's a business decision, as in "$80M is a bargain compared to the legal costs - and risks - of fighting it."

And the sharks know that.

And the more owners that camp onto these "class action lawsuits" the easier the decision.

GA, who had to give up a fav TDI for silly reasons and is still not happy about it...
wonkipop
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 10 2022, 10:02 AM) *

not much.
esp around town and if i carry a passenger.

last time i bothered to calculate it the best i ever managed was 28 mpg in your USA measure of a gallon.
thats with a 1.8 and cruising gently out on the highway.
put your foot into it and it sure likes to drink and its not like its making a stromberg.gif load of power for doing its dean martin impersonation.

wait for the law suits over battery range/life in 10 years time.
the fine print in those warranties will run for pages and you will need a microscope to read them.
Robarabian
I was required to take my car to the dealer for a mandatory recall related to this lawsuit. Porsche dealer is 20 miles away. I had to take time off work; didnt have the car for the day; had to get rides.

They can pay me for the inconvenience. Sorry guys, I know you don't like the lawyers, but thats only until you need one. They didn't offer a loaner a ride or coffee for that matter. I don't feel bad one bit.

Perspective is always different depending on what window you are looking out of.

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 10 2022, 12:02 PM) *

QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Nov 10 2022, 02:38 PM) *

"I don't think" you know how these work. It's a business decision, as in "$80M is a bargain compared to the legal costs - and risks - of fighting it."

And the sharks know that.

And the more owners that camp onto these "class action lawsuits" the easier the decision.

GA, who had to give up a fav TDI for silly reasons and is still not happy about it...

914sgofast2
We still live in a free country. If folks want to leave between $200 and $1,100 on the table because they don’t like lawyers, and prefer to get ripped off by VW-Porsche, then they are allowed to reject the money and continue to dislike lawyers.
bkrantz
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 10 2022, 09:02 AM) *

I don't know yet. But my 2017 C2 gets 28-33 mpg cruising on the highway. It is in the eligible class for the suit, but I have not filed.
GregAmy
So I'm wondering...if you had a Cayman and lived near Camp Lejeune, and used Johnson baby powder while talking on a T-Mobile cellphone...is it ok to retire now?

Does it help that I took Zantac and Xeljanz and used a Juul, too...?
Superhawk996
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 10 2022, 10:38 PM) *

So I'm wondering...if you had a Cayman and lived near Camp Lejeune, and used Johnson baby powder while talking on a T-Mobile cellphone...is it ok to retire now?

Does it help that I took Zantac and Xeljanz and used a Juul, too...?

av-943.gif

pray.gif
914sgofast2
I know a lot of people looked unfavorably upon this settlement when I first mentioned it last November, but yesterday I received a check for $200.
r_towle
I would rather have seen a lawsuit for the m96/97 epic fail of a motor.
But….I will get my little settlement, it’s free money
Superhawk996
Spend $60k - get a check for $200. Great deal!

I wonder when the shakedowns will start for all the EVs that are grossly misrepresenting range?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.