Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Drivers Carpet Mat Brown #402
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
StarBear
Seeking one drivers carpet mat in the brown loop with little light gray hairs, style #402, for a '74. I'm sure there's one out there in a garage or forgotten storage cage somewhere. Trying to spruce Frogger up for Spring car show season.
Must:
+ be NOS/factory; very lightly used ok if still excellent
+ have all edge and hole vinyl edgings and grommets (including the hold-down holes at the top right and bottom edge - many repros and self-made ones don't)
+ be of the indicated carpet style (see photos).
If you don't have one, might you have a lead to someone who might?
Thanks!

Drivers carpet mat with vinyl edgings and grommets
Click to view attachment

The 402 style - brown loop with little light gray hairs
Click to view attachment
StarBear
icon_bump.gif
Jett
Hard to tell but some are close.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&a...et&_sacat=0
StarBear
QUOTE(Jett @ Nov 12 2022, 06:50 PM) *

Yep, close but fabrics slightly different. The closest one didn’t have the two vinyl grommets, either. Thanks for checking!!
914Sixer
There is one on theSamba.com might be what you need.
StarBear
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 28 2022, 08:12 AM) *

There is one on theSamba.com might be what you need.

Yep, saw that and in contact with seller. Wrong heel pad (black not brown) and an early 914Rubber production error. Wonder if the black one can be replaced with a correct one. @Mikey914 ?
StarBear
@DC_neun_vierzehn
@Unobtanium-inc
@mepstein

Guys - you all seem to always have hard-to-find stuff, or might know who might. Any luck or leads as I restart my deep-dive now that things are back up and running?

I'm trying to get factory NOS though really lightly used would suffice. None of the repros (that I've seen) are an exact match.

Thanks ever so much!
Mikey914
Im sure we can make, and should have stock.
Ill check.
StarBear
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 28 2022, 01:00 PM) *

Im sure we can make, and should have stock.
Ill check.

Thanks. Would it be with original factory material (weird mix of brown and gray fibers with what seems like smattering of red and green)?
mepstein
QUOTE(StarBear @ Nov 28 2022, 11:49 AM) *

@DC_neun_vierzehn
@Unobtanium-inc
@mepstein

Guys - you all seem to always have hard-to-find stuff, or might know who might. Any luck or leads as I restart my deep-dive now that things are back up and running?

I'm trying to get factory NOS though really lightly used would suffice. None of the repros (that I've seen) are an exact match.

Thanks ever so much!

Not me, sorry. I've had brown interiors in my early cars but they have always come with trashed carpet.
StarBear
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 28 2022, 01:55 PM) *

QUOTE(StarBear @ Nov 28 2022, 11:49 AM) *

@DC_neun_vierzehn
@Unobtanium-inc
@mepstein

Thanks ever so much!

Not me, sorry. I've had brown interiors in my early cars but they have always come with trashed carpet.

Thanks, Mark!
Hope to see you at the 2023 NE Gathering (sans Len sad.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.