Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bahia Red /6 from Illinois
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
Anyone here? License plate reads "ITSASIX".

idea.gif

SirAndy
Nevermind, mystery solved ...

@sbartmess

Awesome car!
driving.gif

SKL1
Could be my old car. The car I most regret selling back in the early 2000's. A '71 (making it even more rare) I sold to get a 996 GT3. Wish I'd kept both!!
It went to the Chicago area when I sold it, at the time living in Des Moines...
bkrantz
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Nov 11 2022, 08:43 PM) *

Could be my old car. The car I most regret selling back in the early 2000's. A '71 (making it even more rare) I sold to get a 996 GT3. Wish I'd kept both!!

My "wished I kept both" list is up to at least 10 cars.
Bagpype
I have a Bahia red 70 1.7. I love that color on the 914. You don’t see many of them.
jim_hoyland
@sbartmess
Post some pics please smile.gif
gms
Click to view attachment
gms
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Nov 11 2022, 10:43 PM) *

@SKL1
I think this is your old car, it is from IA
SKL1
I think you may be right Glenn as I did have those ugly aftermarket retractable seat belts and you can see them on the B pillar. Also had euro front lenses and no warts... glad someone is still enjoying it.
mb911
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Dec 2 2022, 07:03 PM) *

I think you may be right Glenn as I did have those ugly aftermarket retractable seat belts and you can see them on the B pillar. Also had euro front lenses and no warts... glad someone is still enjoying it.

The good news is that Scott is a fantastic care taker. He has a cool list of very nice classic Porsches. Great guy for sure and great car.
SKL1
Glad to hear. I have connected with him and will fill him in on early history of the car. My '73 2.0 "looks" just like it as I've updated to 6 suspension/brakes and Fuchs, but it obviously doesn't sound like it!
I'm converting my '71 silver car I've had since new to a six and may do the same to the '73 some day, but it obviously won't be the same!

Too bad it still doesn't have the Porsche Salzburg sticker on the top of the windshield- I brought that back from a European trip and knew I'd wreck it if I tried to take it off!
sbartmess
Hi Guys,

I saw Ben today, and he let me know that Stuart has posted about this car (and we've since connected). I'm interested in hearing more about his time with it when he can.

This community is so powerful and supportive. In the span of 3 weeks, I've either met or spoken with SirAndy, Ben, Glenn and now Stuart.

I bought this car because it was the first real sports car I saw as a 3 y.o. My Dad's college buddies helped us move in to our first house and one of them drove up in a Ravenna Green 914. We played the game of where's the engine and I got a ride sitting in the middle.

20 years later, I bought a 1 owner 356 via Brad Mayeur working on behalf of an estate attorney. He took me to see it at a storage garage in a 914-6 GT and pulled a lot of lateral G's the whole way. I was hooked on the 914/6 ever since. 25 years after that, I called Brad one more time to have him come look at what was rumored to be an original 914/6 and advise me on my 2nd estate sale purchase. Brad is 2/2 on winners.

Enjoy the pics!
Cairo94507
Very nice car. smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
SKL1
Yes it is... smile.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Dec 8 2022, 08:15 AM) *

Yes it is... smile.gif

Stunning colour....nice car drooley.gif .
sb914
The red ones are the fastest! andy914.jpg red914.jpg
SKL1
Its twin (with 2 less cylinders) and the original next to it...

Click to view attachment
sbartmess
Is that the car? How many years ago was that taken? Love the front plate. I Don't know what happened to the sticker on the windshield.

QUOTE(SKL1 @ Dec 7 2022, 07:41 PM) *

Its twin (with 2 less cylinders) and the original next to it...

Click to view attachment

Eric_Shea
Looks great Scott! smilie_pokal.gif
sbartmess
Thanks Eric! (And it stops great too! - Thank you!)

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 8 2022, 05:52 PM) *

Looks great Scott! smilie_pokal.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.