Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7/1.8 SSI Heat Exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rcarson25
I have a set of SSI heat exchangers in very good condition I have smoke tested these and there were no leaks. The pipes are a bit dirty but can clean right up with a wire wheel. There is one rusted bolt that I have not attempted to remove but should not be too difficult to deal with. Asking $700 plus shipping, pickup just outside of Nashville, TN is welcome too. I have had these up in the past and shipping seems to be a hang up each time so please know shipping is around approximately $100-125.
rcarson25
QUOTE(rcarson25 @ Nov 12 2022, 08:56 AM) *

I have a set of SSI heat exchangers in very good condition I have smoke tested these and there were no leaks. The pipes are a bit dirty but can clean right up with a wire wheel. There is one rusted bolt that I have not attempted to remove but should not be too difficult to deal with. Asking $700 plus shipping, pickup just outside of Nashville, TN is welcome too. I have had these up in the past and shipping seems to be a hang up each time so please know shipping is around approximately $100-125.

Friday bump, still available
friethmiller
Sweet deal! I need them for a 2.0L, though.
rcarson25
QUOTE(friethmiller @ Dec 2 2022, 12:14 PM) *

Sweet deal! I need them for a 2.0L, though.

Not sure if you are already aware or not but these can work on a 2.0 if you are changing the muffler as well. My understanding is the only real difference on these is where the flange meets the muffler.
rcarson25
Looking to get these out of the garage, will split shipping with buyer.
rcarson25
Bump in the new year.
bdstone914
QUOTE(rcarson25 @ Jan 14 2023, 07:25 AM) *

Bump in the new year.

@rcarson25

I think your shipping estimate mayvbr high. I just shipped a pair like that from California to Minnesota for $45 by UPS. I use Shipstation. Parcel monkey is another good shipping site. Shipping from a UPS store is most expensive.
Good luck.
Bruce
rcarson25
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 14 2023, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE(rcarson25 @ Jan 14 2023, 07:25 AM) *

Bump in the new year.

@rcarson25

I think your shipping estimate mayvbr high. I just shipped a pair like that from California to Minnesota for $45 by UPS. I use Shipstation. Parcel monkey is another good shipping site. Shipping from a UPS store is most expensive.
Good luck.
Bruce

I always charge actual shipping, so I am not making money on the shipping. I wonder if it was holiday surcharge pricing or something. The quote I got was from Fedex I believe. I don't have a commercial account so maybe that was part of it too. Happy to work with someone on shipping.
rhodyguy
FedEx with an account. Shipping is much lower, or was. the cost is heavily discounted. Measure your box. Trim it down to not hit the oversize limit. I go 1/2” under the oversize total. Carrying a tape measure settles all ‘it’s oversized’ discussions.
mepstein
Having a FedEx account saves about 25%. I ship almost daily. I shipped a pair of heat exchangers a couple months ago, x-country, for $58.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.