Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrapping vs Painting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
So things are going well with restarting my 75 1.8. Thinking about the body and was thinking a wrap might be much more fun than painting the original color. Thinking Gulf Blue with racing badging or you get the idea.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

James
Jett
QUOTE(jesiv @ Nov 12 2022, 03:42 PM) *

So things are going well with restarting my 75 1.8. Thinking about the body and was thinking a wrap might be much more fun than painting the original color. Thinking Gulf Blue with racing badging or you get the idea.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

James

Thinking the same, but harlequin theme smile.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Jett @ Nov 12 2022, 03:47 PM) *

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

James

? Like…
Jett
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 12 2022, 04:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Nov 12 2022, 03:47 PM) *

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

James

? Like…

More like this bug…
914e
QUOTE(jesiv @ Nov 12 2022, 04:42 PM) *

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

James

Paint lasts about 5 times longer than wraps.
mepstein
Lots and lots of YouTube videos on how to wrap. Buy the top of the lube vinyl. It’s easier to diy than the cheap stuff.
jesiv
I was thinking a little crazy

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

But without the flairs
930cabman
I had considered a wrap, something close to Palma Green, but decided to spray. I haven't painted in many years and are looking to get some orange peel with a single stage. Being somewhat difficult to DIY and short lived, you can get some cool effects with a wrap
914rrr
A really good auto detail guy I met in St. Pete was bemoaning an "un-wrap" job he reluctantly agreed to do on a company truck that had been installed a few years ago. Granted it was out in the FL sun and likely not garaged, but he said it was an absolute nightmare to remove.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.