Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm in Love
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
I've always loved mid-engine cars and especially Porsche cars. I love my 914, but I've never been all that taken by the Boxster.

So yesterday at Barnes & Noble I see a Cayman S in "Porsche & 911 World", and I'm smitten. I don't know if I will ever manage to afford one, but it is everything I could want in the car of my dreams. I just drool looking at the images of it.

drooley.gif The Official Posrshe Cayman S web site Only?? $58,900 MSRP! I gotta start saving up!
redshift
from a 90 degree angle, that thing looks like ass, but from 1/4 views, it's ass looks great!

M
McMark
I love em'. wub.gif But I'd probably save $20k and get a Lotus.
kermit
QUOTE (McMark @ Aug 8 2005, 09:18 PM)

agree.gif

As much as I love Porsches, the Lotus is totally a hot car. Styling is a little too much, but the engineering is so pure.

That Cayman is a little funky lookin' isn't it. The "artist renderings" from a year ago actually look better than the actual car - a little disappointing in my opinion.

thesey914
Can't say it blows my skirt up...
the side intakes looks horrible, like they've glued on a hockey stick to the sill.
...probably look better in the flesh
Jacques
In every family there’s one person who thinks a little differently than everyone else. Someone who is very much in touch with his roots, but interprets them in a totally different way.

user posted image
The new Cayman S embodies dynamism in the purest form.  It signals permanent rediness for action.  And it posseses the kind of agility only a mid-engine vehicle can.  The lineage of the Cayman S includes names of great reknown.  The legendary 1953 Porsche 550 Coupe.  And the perfectly shaped 1964 Porsche 904 Carrera GTS Coupe.  With these two-seater mid-engine sports coupés, Porsche wrote design and motor-sports history

Some serious production went into this site! Be sure to check the 904 Video. smilie_flagge6.gif
i love porsche
i love the look of the cayman....i think its absolutely beautiful...

and no, its not a direct contender with the elise, but it still is the small sports car that porsche is building
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (McMark @ Aug 9 2005, 12:18 AM)

yea, you can almost have 2 lotus for 1 Cayman...

I like them, but not $60k worth of love
johnmhudson111
The Elise base price is $42k the new hard top is more than that. That is getting pretty close to the little croc's price range. And I bet that the Porsche is much eaiser to live with day to day, IMHO. Personally, I like the Cayman, but I can't afford one.
airsix
dynamism

huh.gif

-Ben M.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Aug 9 2005, 10:07 AM)
The Elise base price is $42k the new hard top is more than that. That is getting pretty close to the little croc's price range. And I bet that the Porsche is much eaiser to live with day to day, IMHO. Personally, I like the Cayman, but I can't afford one.

ok, I thought the elise was like @ 35k... I stand corrected...

but still you can have an elise for the fun, dry days, and a 20k beater for the day-to-day grind...

the cayman is just over priced...

now, REAL smart money, is a used boxster, and a 20k beater for the price of the elise...
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jacques @ Aug 8 2005, 11:37 PM)
Be sure to check the 904 Video. smilie_flagge6.gif

here's the video, you'll need ShockWave installed to view it ...

904 Heritage, ~2.4MB, ShockWave Format

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Jacques
QUOTE (airsix @ Aug 9 2005, 08:07 AM)
dynamism

huh.gif

-Ben M.

dy·na·mism "dynamism" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (duser posted imagenuser posted image-muser posted imagezuser posted imagem)
n.

1. Any of various theories or philosophical systems that explain the universe in terms of force or energy.
2. A process or mechanism responsible for the development or motion of a system.
3. Continuous change, activity, or progress; vigor.

[French dynamisme, from Greek dunamis, power. ]
MikeP
My Elise was $50+ with all the options. And it is easily the least practical car around, though I did make it from Columbus to San Francisco in 47 hours. For a daily driver I'd probably take the gator's refinement as well wotrth the extra $8k. For a plaything ELISE ANY DAY! smilie_pokal.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (MikeP @ Aug 9 2005, 01:25 PM)
My Elise was $50+ with all the options. And it is easily the least practical car around, though I did make it from Columbus to San Francisco in 47 hours. For a daily driver I'd probably take the gator's refinement as well wotrth the extra $8k. For a plaything ELISE ANY DAY! smilie_pokal.gif

Did I read somewhere that the Cayman posted a better time around "the ring" them the Elise? Not that translates to anything other than braging rights in the real world.

One day after I win the lottery I will just have to have both lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.