Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SENT TO AUCTION FS: 1973 Porsche 914 2.0L Project Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
szcesuil
UPDATE 12/30/2022
Now, first $1500 takes it! I am unable to take additional photos at this time as I live in Massachusetts and the Porsche is in Colfax, NC. Hopefully, there is someone local that can stop by and take a look at the car.

Blue (originally red) 1973 Porsche 914 2.0. It has a lot of rust on the outside but from what I understand, the frame is fine. The engine was taken apart for a rebuild back in 1985 and NEVER put back together. I live in Massachusetts and hold the title. The vehicle is in Colfax, NC where my father-in-law lives. He sold it to me in June, 2016 with 17,904 miles on the odometer (not a typo). My plan was to ship it North and rebuild the engine but it never came to fruition. Buyer must pay to have the car removed. The engine is in boxes. Hopefully, everything is there. Buyer is welcome to look at the parts in his basement in case we missed anything. $2,000 OBO. Cash only please. I can supply additional photos on request.

UPDATE 12/7/2022
This google photos link should show all of the photos that are available for this vehicle. I hope it works!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gPweALBMy71NkSS29

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
JEB
request sent for additional pics
szcesuil
bump
914rrr
PM sent
szcesuil
bump
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(szcesuil @ Dec 14 2022, 01:25 PM) *

bump

@szcesuil can you share any more pics?

Below areas that will give buyers a better sense of the car you're selling. You're much more likely to sell this car if you show these areas, especially since you need them to tow it away.

- Interior (dash area, carpets pulled up to show the floor boards)

- Engine bay (particularly the area under the battery tray known as the "hell hole")

- Front and rear trunks (the metal floors with any carpet or mats removed)

- Remove the black rocker covers to expose the rocker areas to show what they look like under the covers?

szcesuil
bump
jhynesrockmtn
Is the rust as extensive as the few pics make it look? You may be better off parting this out if that is the case. It looks like it has some nice parts, especially if those wheels are factory FUCHS. Just a thought. Best of luck.
930cabman
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Jan 5 2023, 11:45 AM) *

Is the rust as extensive as the few pics make it look? You may be better off parting this out if that is the case. It looks like it has some nice parts, especially if those wheels are factory FUCHS. Just a thought. Best of luck.

"Frame is fine" I would put $5. this is not true. Sure, there are some decent parts, but hardly a restoration candidate
szcesuil
QUOTE(930cabman @ Jan 5 2023, 06:27 PM) *

"Frame is fine" I would put $5. this is not true. Sure, there are some decent parts, but hardly a restoration candidate

I can promise you that my intention is not to deceive or rip anyone off. I am trying to convey whatever information was provided to me at the time. The information I received could certainly be incorrect. My hope was to find someone in the Colfax, NC area that could go and look at the vehicle. If I could be there to take more informative photos, I would. I live 800 miles away. I hope you understand that when my wife was down in NC, she would not have been able to take off any rocker panels to give you a better view under the vehicle. She doesn't have any car knowledge. She was also concerned that snakes had moved in. You asked for those photos after she had left anyways. I appreciate your opinion but please don't insinuate that I'm lying. WTF.gif
Paul
rjames
Doubtful 930cabman was calling you a liar. Many sellers believe their cars are structurally 'fine' when in fact the rust has made a mess of things. The amount rust that is visible in your photos combined with it having sat out in the elements likely equates to a car that isn't worth restoring if the cost of doing so is part of the equation.

Best of luck with the sale.
Front yard mechanic
We know your not a liar grouphug.gif snakes have definitely moved in
bobt4945
Passenger door gap at the top looks pretty tight in the photo bucket pics. Lots of good parts there.
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(szcesuil @ Jan 6 2023, 08:41 AM) *

I can promise you that my intention is not to deceive or rip anyone off. I am trying to convey whatever information was provided to me at the time. The information I received could certainly be incorrect. My hope was to find someone in the Colfax, NC area that could go and look at the vehicle. If I could be there to take more informative photos, I would. I live 800 miles away. I hope you understand that when my wife was down in NC, she would not have been able to take off any rocker panels to give you a better view under the vehicle. She doesn't have any car knowledge. She was also concerned that snakes had moved in. You asked for those photos after she had left anyways. I appreciate your opinion but please don't insinuate that I'm lying. WTF.gif
Paul

My apologies if my post came off as snarky or insinuated that you were not being truthful. I was only making a suggestion that you may be better off parting it out. I get that's not an option if the car isn't local to you. Best of luck.
szcesuil
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Jan 9 2023, 10:53 AM) *

Paul

My apologies if my post came off as snarky or insinuated that you were not being truthful. I was only making a suggestion that you may be better off parting it out. I get that's not an option if the car isn't local to you. Best of luck.

@jhynesrockmtn , Your post was fine. I was replying to 930cabman's post "Frame is fine".
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(szcesuil @ Jan 12 2023, 09:36 AM) *

QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Jan 9 2023, 10:53 AM) *

Paul

@jhynesrockmtn , Your post was fine. I was replying to 930cabman's post "Frame is fine".

Frame is NOT fine. In fact, there is no frame. Just saying.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.