Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VIN data trackers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Montreal914
I am in the process of replacing my driver side rear quarter as part of my restoration(?) project.

A while back I got some parts from Vince in Hesperia. Attached are the pictures of the fender and latch area that I got from him from two different cars. Seeing the conditions of the remainders of these carcasses, I highly doubt they will ever be brought back to the road.

So these two VINs should probably be set as parts cars if someone can update the VIN data.

One is Marathon Blue 74, and the other one is Olympic Blue 74 repainted red.

Thank you! smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
StarBear
As a member you can update the database if they aren’t in there already. If they are, contact the contact with request to update them.
StarBear
Yep; both are in there but with no member ID. Yes, should be updated but how to with no member?
SirAndy
Here are pics of both cars from yesteryear ...
sad.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(StarBear @ Dec 3 2022, 11:05 AM) *

As a member you can update the database if they aren’t in there already. If they are, contact the contact with request to update them.

Yep; both are in there but with no member ID. Yes, should be updated but how to with no member?

We don't update other people's VIN entries (You can update your own).

Instead, we add additional entries as new info becomes available. That way, we keep a history of sorts for each car.
shades.gif
StarBear
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 3 2022, 05:03 PM) *

QUOTE(StarBear @ Dec 3 2022, 11:05 AM) *

We don't update other people's VIN entries (You can update your own).

Instead, we add additional entries as new info becomes available. That way, we keep a history of sorts for each car.
shades.gif

@montreal914 There’s your answer!
r_towle
As a Northeast Salt/Rust belt member I just gotta say that those do not look like parts cars!

Rich
StarBear
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 4 2022, 03:37 AM) *

As a Northeast Salt/Rust belt member I just gotta say that those do not look like parts cars!

Rich

Indeed! Pics from several years ago, though. Accidents? Fires? Serious issues that owners gave up or were stolen and chopped (though left vin numbers???)
SirAndy
I just noticed the red car used to have the headlight washer system installed.

Now that would be a rare find if that was still around somewhere.
idea.gif

@JeffBowlsby
Montreal914
Below are a couple of pictures of what was left of the rear half of the Marathon in the yard the day I picked up the fender. The rear panel and trunk floor had been cut as you can somewhat see. I forget if the front half of the car was there.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The door striker area of the fender had been poorly cut as you can see in the picture below.

Click to view attachment

So I got that area from the the Olympic blue (now red). It was attached to the firewall and long yet the rest of the fender upper and back part was gone. The rest of the shell was in poor condition if I recall.

Click to view attachment

Sad to see old pictures of both of these cars where clearly the Marathon one seemed in very good shape. Unfortunately, just a few years ago, a small accident was many times the end of a 914's life. Is that what happened to these cars? Unfortunately, I have no clue. confused24.gif

One thing is sure, they will be soon be part of my car, so they will be on the road again! driving.gif

Ref. Post 87 here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...49463&st=80

StarBear
Yay! Happy endings, given the situation. Have never been able to find shells or hulks in scrapyards.
Montreal914
QUOTE(StarBear @ Dec 4 2022, 01:07 PM) *

Yay! Happy endings, given the situation. Have never been able to find shells or hulks in scrapyards.

SoCal! smile.gif

Vince has provided parts to many of us. Forget what his username is here.

Picture from his CL add: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/7555028508.html

Click to view attachment
Beach914
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Dec 4 2022, 02:13 PM) *

QUOTE(StarBear @ Dec 4 2022, 01:07 PM) *

SoCal! smile.gif

Vince has provided parts to many of us. Forget what his username is here.

Picture from his CL add: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/7555028508.html

Click to view attachment

I think he is Porsheaddic. Same as his avatar on Pelican.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.