Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quietest Exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaiden
SO now that my teener projects are moving ahead I need to quiet the thing down so that the Old lady and the neighbors won't complain.

I have the 1.7 style SS exchangers on my 75 2.0 and have a Glass pack exhaust that I have no Idea what brand but the glasspack can be unbolted from the exhaust seperatly.

I like the sound of the glass pack at high speeds but starting off at the stop lights I get alot of looks and it's not the car because they'll be looking and then I step on it and then they lok like they just bit into a lemon?!?!?

I have searched the exhaust thread and there are the 3 Major systems sebring, Triad, and Bursch. I have not found the Bursch "Quiet Pack" exhaust anywhere nor have I heard it, the triad I have heard and Everyone says it's pretty loud the sebring I can get but have not heard.

Any suggestions?
goose2
I think the stock style "banana" muffler is by far the quietest, and by some accounts flows as good as any.
Joe Ricard
You could bolt on a Magnaflow. Not real quiet but not no where near a glass pack that's probably blown out all the stuffing already.
Just DON'T get Super traps. wacko.gif
Joe Bob
The flat turbo mufflers that most muff shops carry are fine.....don't have to buy a fancy Porsche only high dollar one.
Jaiden
thanks for the Suggestions guys! I'll have to start looking around
Always Looking
I bought the sebring from PP. It is quieter than the monza i had, but HP is down also (from the increased restriction I'm assuming). Good Luck
scotty914
triad, quiet on idle, reasonably quiet on normal accels, open her it and sound goes up happy11.gif

and they perform pretty well

edit ask aaron or miles what they think of their exhaust, or people who have heard mine, mine is a home made triad, with some minor differences
Andyrew
Run a magnaflow and a turbo muffler and you'll have a VERY quiet exhaust....

I personally would put a magnaflow on any of my cars... Love the sound. (mellow, but loud at WOT)

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Aug 9 2005, 12:13 PM)
triad, quiet on idle, reasonably quiet on normal accels, open her it and sound goes up happy11.gif

and they perform pretty well

edit ask aaron or miles what they think of their exhaust, or people who have heard mine, mine is a home made triad, with some minor differences

FI motor + triad = nice and quiet at idle.... moderately loud at half to FULL throttle (my impression in Howards Triad Equipped Ride)

my motor
Weber 44's, Lumpy Cam = lumpy loud idle, and Dang Loud at full throttle.....

BUT....I *wouldnt* change it for the world smile.gif love it smilie_pokal.gif
jgara962
My car came with a Bursch "quietpack". This is the only version that Performance Products sells. It gives the car a good throaty performance sound without being too loud. Personally, I want to get rid of it and try the Bursch "glasspack" for something a louder.
rhodyguy
cross triad off the list unless you plan on going to early style 2.0 heat exchangers.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.