Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I price 914/6 replica?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PittsM12
I have a 914/6 GT replica with recent 81mm JE piston and solex cams. Too many projects and need to sell. How do I price something like this?
sb914
popcorn[1].gif
Cairo94507
Hello @PittsM12 - I would start by rolling it outside and taking good photos of the entire car, inside, outside, underside, engine compartment, trunks, etc. Then take the time to list all of the work done to the car and parts installed. Whether or not the body modifications are fiberglass or metal. How is title held? Does it run/drive? Mileage on chassis if known. The more you can share the quicker it will sell. beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Devil is in the details. With the information you provided somewhere between $1000- and $100,000.

Engine specs are a good start, as mentioned above, if the car is in great shape, and the work is well done and documented, you will get closer to the upper range. Receipts are good, but if the quality of work is not there you will have a much smaller return.
brant
I can't see the front fenders well
but the rear fenders and whale tale spoiler are both RAYCO brand aftermarket (glass)

pretty popular in the 1980's
but probably will hurt resale in todays time world and taste.

mlindner
Put it on BringATrailer
Root_Werks
agree.gif

With everything everyone has said so far.

Lots and lots of details and pictures. Converted sixes can be worth not much more than a similar condition four to almost as much as an original six. Really depends on how the conversion was done. What condition the 914 itself is in etc.

driving.gif
carr914
QUOTE(mlindner @ Dec 5 2022, 12:06 PM) *

Put it on BringATrailer

BaT is months out now if you want to submit a car.

I doubt they would take this 914
Superhawk996
QUOTE(brant @ Dec 5 2022, 12:05 PM) *

I can't see the front fenders well
but the rear fenders and whale tale spoiler are both RAYCO brand aftermarket (glass)

pretty popular in the 1980's
but probably will hurt resale in todays time world and taste.

Agree - will take just the right buyer to appreciate the bodywork and the cost to fix it will be a deal breaker.

Value will be dependent on underlying sheet metal. Why was it kitted? Accident damage? Rust? Hell hole & longs solid? Quality of the /6 conversion.

Lots of things in play to set a value.
GeorgeRud
I‘d put it on BAT, PCarMarket, Hemmings, or some other auction site. Tough to say wate the mods will do to the price.
infraredcalvin
Based on the current market, high values are in restored originals or tasteful (as in non polarizing upgrades) restomods, this is neither..

IMO, value is all in the motor on this car…
PittsM12
Thanks for the responses! Board is always helpful. Yes, I bet the fiberglass fenders and spoiler were Rayco.

I'll add some pics and detail. Just trying to get an idea of what website to market before I market and approx value. As mentioned, prices all over the place and this is a bit unusual.

Resto was good at eliminating rust, but the bodywork is average. Fun driver with good accel at the higher RPMs.
windforfun
Wow. So much for keeping a car in stock condition. Good luck dude.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(PittsM12 @ Dec 6 2022, 11:23 AM) *

Thanks for the responses! Board is always helpful. Yes, I bet the fiberglass fenders and spoiler were Rayco.

I'll add some pics and detail. Just trying to get an idea of what website to market before I market and approx value. As mentioned, prices all over the place and this is a bit unusual.

Resto was good at eliminating rust, but the bodywork is average. Fun driver with good accel at the higher RPMs.

Now we have some info...well done ,more pics need to happen biggrin.gif .
Without those i would guestimate 25-27K based on the engine but the body even if not rusty is a real handbrake on a good price due to the FG panels,sorry buts thats the way it is especially considering its a conversion also.
You will be struggling on here to get a sensible price without adding more info and your comment about it being "unusual '' is true but not in a good way sorry but trying to be honest ,cheers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.