Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 Time Capsule
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Saw this on the LA Craigslist. Supposed to be all original. Originally sold at Bromos Porsche. Click to open for details.
NARP74
That is a time capsule and the history to go with it.
BENBRO02
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 5 2022, 07:15 PM) *

Saw this on the LA Craigslist. Supposed to be all original. Originally sold at Bromos Porsche. Click to open for details.

That’s not in the 914world VIN database either! Nice car that appears to have been hiding with the original owner for all these years
wonkipop
what a little beauty. smile.gif
nathanxnathan
It's been listed for about 3 months now at that price. I think there are a lot of little things that let it down, probably more if you were to see it in person. The pics are terrible.

Things I notice, the driver tail light is cracked, the dash is cracked, the seatbelt is missing the cover, wheels rusty, why the new plates? The snowplow is dented to shit, rear license plate lights look like they're held on by a screw each, interior light is cracked, damage to the driver door pocket. — all small things in the scheme of things...

There are no pics of the motor or the trunks. It seems like a lot for being so poorly documented. That said, I do love a standard equipment car, and the white is cool. I'm not super into the brown interior but it is cool and rare for sure.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/7564867905.html
930cabman
Original low mileage cars always bring the big dollar. popcorn[1].gif
KELTY360
The thread title says 1970 but the listing says 1971.
bdstone914
Ad say it is all original but the targa trim is either missing or painted over. No sail panel vinyl. No mention of a repaint.
nathanxnathan
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 5 2022, 06:28 PM) *

Ad say it is all original but the targa trim is either missing or painted over. No sail panel vinyl. No mention of a repaint.

Looks like a stock original early standard equipment car. It has the body colored bumpers and targa trim and no sail vinyl, horn grills/no fog lights, no center console, perlon carpets, and an unwrapped steering wheel — they came that way.
windforfun
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Dec 5 2022, 03:52 PM) *

We'll see about that.
Racer
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Dec 5 2022, 07:38 PM) *

That’s not in the 914world VIN database either! Nice car that appears to have been hiding with the original owner for all these years

Not uncommon, since original owners well predate the internet wink.gif (My dad was an example with his 914/6 he bought new and kept for nearly 50 years before passing it down, and he never came out to this board)

Hopefully its as nice in the engine compartment, rockers and underside as it is on the outside. Reminds me how my first 1.7, a 1970, no optioned car, came to us.
Unobtanium-inc
Cool story, the car itself is kind of hum-drum. Price seems high, which is probably why it's still for sale.
wonkipop
QUOTE(windforfun @ Dec 5 2022, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Dec 5 2022, 03:52 PM) *

We'll see about that.

you might be right.
i could access all the photos thanks to nathanxnathan's link.

could be my imagination but rear guards looked pushed in between the tailights and the rear wheel arch? maybe its just a weird reflection.

interior looks amazing. faded carpets but completely original and not worn out.
the original brown carpets faded to that light color. one crack in the dash.
that bit of it looks pretty clean and unmolested. just a half century of pure age?

be worth a look.
i am a fan of the original minimalist look cars.
not big on chrome myself.
probably not worth the asking price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.