Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dutch delight with pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jacco
Hey Guys,

Last Saturday I participated in a small 914 get together in Gronigen, the Netherlands.
There were 9 914's and three that broke down on the way over and turned around.
It was an amazing day and did some great driving. We were very lucky with the weather, it was actually quite nice.
I only had one small problem when my throttle return spring broke and left me with an engine running at full throttle. It was a quick fix and was on my way shortly.

You can find pictures at this website
take note of the 914world.com hat in some of the pictures cool_shades.gif

Enjoy! beerchug.gif

Greets,
Jacco

a quick teaser:

user posted image
Ferg
Great pics! smilie_pokal.gif

Ferg
tat2dphreak
clap.gif great pics!!
theol00
nice shots - beautiful country! smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jacco @ Aug 9 2005, 08:48 AM)
Last Saturday I participated in a small 914 get together in Gronigen, the Netherlands.

hey, i have friends in Groningen!

9 cars eh? i didn't even know there were that many left in europe ...
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Allan
Why???
Jacco
Hey,
QUOTE (Headrage @ Aug 9 2005, 08:54 AM)
Why???

huh.gif uhmmm good question... but it clearly shows the 914world.com script on the cap my buddy is wearing cool.gif other than that, worthless picture, but its hard to see what you're taking a picture of with a camera above your head screwy.gif

Andy,

what part of Groningen do you have friends?
and yes there are running 914's in Europe biggrin.gif there were even 2 914's who came all the way from Belgium.

Greets
Jacco
seanery
Great Pics of the event!! But no wooden shoes? wacko.gif
tdgray
Great Stuff Jacco.

Nice to see our Euro brothers represent WTG smilie_pokal.gif
Jeroen
Hey Jacco, looks like fun!
Nice pics
JeffBowlsby
Cool Pics Jacco...really makes us feel like we were there. Any chance you know of any 1974 914GT cars there?

SirAndy
QUOTE (Jacco @ Aug 9 2005, 10:09 AM)
Andy,
what part of Groningen do you have friends?

good question. i've never been in Groningen myself.

my friend Robbie Tempel and his (ex?) girlfriend Esther both sing in a punkband from Groningen called "FLEAS AND LICE",
they just finished their US tour a week ago ...

http://www.fleasandlice.nl/

aktion035.gif beerchug.gif Andy
Gustl
wow, that's a couple of really cool pics smilie_pokal.gif
thanks for sharing pray.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Aug 9 2005, 06:47 PM)
9 cars eh? i didn't even know there were that many left in europe ...

dry.gif alfred.gif slap.gif flipa.gif

wink.gif Gustl, from good old Europe bootyshake.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Gustl @ Aug 9 2005, 01:54 PM)
Gustl, from good old Europe bootyshake.gif

i was just joking!

beerchug.gif Andy
tdgray
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Aug 9 2005, 04:15 PM)

my friend Robbie Tempel and his (ex?) girlfriend Esther both sing in a punkband from Groningen called "FLEAS AND LICE",

FLEAS AND LICE.... I thought that was the number 9 meal down at Hunan Gardens biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Wow great pics, Jacco. I have been to Groningen, NL twice and isn't it frozen over by now??
wink.gif

Great Surinamese food shops there! Roti and Boyo..hmmm

Wow, 9 cars that actually run! Amazing.

smilie_pokal.gif
type47fan
Excellent photo essay! Really enjoy seeing the clean, uncluttered lines of the euro 914s.

Thanks for sharing.
Bigbohr
QUOTE (Jacco @ Aug 9 2005, 09:09 AM)
there were even 2 914's who came all the way from Belgium.

I was just checking out the rides of my fellow countrymen and noticed there are three 914's with belgian plates ... Great!
Looks like it was a fun event! Thanks for sharing the pics.
MoveQik
Great pics. Sorta funny to see the old Chevy Blazer in one of the pictures. beerchug.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE (Jacco @ Aug 9 2005, 10:09 AM)
... even 2 914's who came all the way from Belgium.

I'm always amused at the different way that Americans and Europeans look at things. "In America 100 years is a long time, in Europe 100 miles is a long distance." is the way I've heard it.

I sure wish I could have been there! I recognized some photos from the Groningen Ring. One of my Grandfathers came from Baflo and one of my wife's Grandmothers came from Bedam so we always visit the area whenever we can get to Europe. We were hoping to make it there this year in September, but had to change plans. I really appreciate seeing all those photos! It made me feel like I was there with you.

You didn't sell T-shirts for the event did you? I'd buy one for sure!

It was interesting to see the photo of the steering wheel with a VW logo on the horn pad. The cows in the background was a great touch too!

So what was the route of your drive? It sure looked like fun!
Jacco
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Aug 9 2005, 10:01 PM)
I sure wish I could have been there! I recognized some photos from the Groningen Ring.

You didn't sell T-shirts for the event did you? I'd buy one for sure!

It was interesting to see the photo of the steering wheel with a VW logo on the horn pad.

So what was the route of your drive? It sure looked like fun!

Hey Ernie,

That's right some pics were on the Ring Groningen! Amazing you recognize it smilie_pokal.gif

There were no t-shirts, here were not that big on merchandise, would be cool though!

I don't have the route we took handy at the moment, but some places we visited were:
Groningen, Zoutkamp, Pieterburen, Eemshaven. We mainly cruised around the northern part of Groningen.

The only traffic lights we encountered were on the ring Groningen, other than that it was mostly deserted backcountry roads.
No speed bumps, no lights, no speed camera's! Man it was a blast.

The Wolfsburg logo on the steering wheel is a standard Euro spec item on the 914

Greets
Jacco
DipShit
Great photos - thanks for sharing! beerchug.gif
Brent
Sweet pics...all 95 of them. I love summer! All the 914's represent WorldWide!
-Brent
914Timo
Great pics, Jacco. Looks like you have had a lot of fun there.

Very nice 914s. too. I liked a lot the red one. It was very low and looked good.
Lou W
Great pictures smilie_pokal.gif
type47fan
QUOTE (Jacco @ Aug 10 2005, 12:49 PM)
The Wolfsburg logo on the steering wheel is a standard Euro spec item on the 914

Jacco,

Anybody over there interested in trading a euro Wolfsburg crested horn pad for the Porsche crested version we have here? Although, I suppose you could get them from the 911 . . . . Oh, well. . . .

Thanks,
Jeroen
QUOTE (type47fan @ Aug 12 2005, 01:01 AM)
Anybody over there interested in trading a euro Wolfsburg crested horn pad for the Porsche crested version we have here?

I can trade you one...
PM me if you're interested
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.