Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side Shifter parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
vintagethunder
I'm leaving Wednesday for a long drive to pick up some bits. One of the guys has a side shifter transaxle... I cruised the normal forums/ebay/vendors and I'm not seeing any shifter kits currently being offered. I Wrote a few of the obvious and so far I haven't heard back.

Anyone have all or nearly all the shifter bits? If not, what is ballpark price I should expect to pay?

jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(vintagethunder @ Dec 5 2022, 03:57 PM) *

I'm leaving Wednesday for a long drive to pick up some bits. One of the guys has a side shifter transaxle... I cruised the normal forums/ebay/vendors and I'm not seeing any shifter kits currently being offered. I Wrote a few of the obvious and so far I haven't heard back.

Anyone have all or nearly all the shifter bits? If not, what is ballpark price I should expect to pay?

I have contemplated this conversion on a 72 project I have. I have a couple of transmissions, shifter, motor mount bar and hopefully the shift rod. I believe there is a firewall conversion bushing needed and possibly other stuff. If you need a bar I could ship you one. I don't have multiples of any other bits that I can think of. Will be interested to see other replies.
Mikey914
Sorry I misread. Try Bruce Stone he has been doing these
914werke
idea.gif
vintagethunder
Your showing Out of Stock for all three packages Rich! ;-)
914werke
Yup your message spurred me to check on components.
If you haven't located anything in a couple of days check back.
Ive got 2 base, or 1 base & 1 partial kit that I need a couple small items to complete.
Shipping right now might be a bear!
East coaster
I have the shifter itself for a side shift if you’re interested (and you can find the rest of the parts).
Cairo94507
I have the shift rod that goes in the tunnel for a side-shifter available in the classifieds. It is $55 shipped. beerchug.gif
bdstone914
@vintagethunder

In addition to the shifter and shift rods you need the engine bar, engine to mount brackets and body to engine bar brackets. I dony have most of the parts but i do have new production bracket for body to engine bar.
bdstone914
Here is a picture of all the parts you need.
TonyR
If you are piecing things together, I have both shift rods, shifter, gear select cover and mounting plates for the bar.
realjobdon
Super helpful. I too have been searching for these parts....
I have seen a listing on Samba for the long shaft(s). Seller had three when he posted. I will call him later this week. I will post here if he still has inventory. The only place I've seen the large mount is eBay.
TonyR
I have for sale everything except for the bar and engine mounts. How about $160. Send me a text if interested. Thanks, Tony 7737804871
Click to view attachment
bdstone914
914werke
Bruce one thing I dont see on the pic is the (conversion) Firewall bush ?
Also is that a modded R. shift coupler?

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
QUOTE(914werke @ Dec 6 2022, 02:15 PM) *

Bruce one thing I dont see on the pic is the (conversion) Firewall bush ?
Also is that a modded R. shift coupler?

Click to view attachment

You are correct that the conversion bushing is not shown.
And yes it is a modified early cup with a welded extension to use as a rear cup.
Good eye.
Shorter bolts are needed for the bar to body bracket.

@914werke
vintagethunder
Thanks all! Looks like the motor mount support plates are the tough pieces to find. Anyone have a set for sale?Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Look at the underside of any shifter. The detention plate must be in serviceable condition. The plate contact edge should be straight and true with 0 wear. The shift lever itself should not have a gouge from the plate. Replacement plates are available.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 6 2022, 03:07 PM) *

That's a shift rod head for a tailshift linkage in your picture.
bdstone914
QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Dec 17 2022, 12:58 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 6 2022, 03:07 PM) *

That's a shift rod head for a tailshift linkage in your picture.

It is modified with a piece of metric tube welded on so it can be used as a rear shift rod bushing cup.
Dominic
QUOTE(vintagethunder @ Dec 13 2022, 01:00 PM) *

Thanks all! Looks like the motor mount support plates are the tough pieces to find. Anyone have a set for sale?Click to view attachment

PM sent on the motor mount brackets
realjobdon

Two long shot questions:
1) does anyone else have these motor mounts they are willing to sell?
2) is there any way to get the Porsche part numbers for these mounts?
(I realize Porsche doesn't make them any longer but i was trying few sources in Germany to try my luck.)
realjobdon
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 6 2022, 08:18 AM) *

@vintagethunder

In addition to the shifter and shift rods you need the engine bar, engine to mount brackets and body to engine bar brackets. I dony have most of the parts but i do have new production bracket for body to engine bar.

@bdstone914 how much for a pair of these? I'm in California (zip 95142). Tx
bdstone914
QUOTE(realjobdon @ Jan 25 2023, 01:37 PM) *

@vintagethunder

@realjobdon

$50 for a pair shipped. Let me confirm I still have a pair. Will let you know tomorrow.

Bruce
rhodyguy
The round inner mounts are shown at Pelican parts. $30 a pop. Use a torque wrench when tightening. They break easily. I learned the hard way on the first one. Then you order 2 more. Just in case. The later firewall boot doesn’t work with a early chassis. I would not purchase ‘good’ used ones. The rubber disc compresses at an angle over time.
Dominic
QUOTE(realjobdon @ Jan 25 2023, 11:34 AM) *

Two long shot questions:
1) does anyone else have these motor mounts they are willing to sell?
2) is there any way to get the Porsche part numbers for these mounts?
(I realize Porsche doesn't make them any longer but i was trying few sources in Germany to try my luck.)

I have a pair for sale here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=363305
realjobdon
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 25 2023, 02:34 PM) *

QUOTE(realjobdon @ Jan 25 2023, 01:37 PM) *

@vintagethunder

@realjobdon

$50 for a pair shipped. Let me confirm I still have a pair. Will let you know tomorrow.

Bruce

thanks much
realjobdon
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 25 2023, 02:45 PM) *

The round inner mounts are shown at Pelican parts. $30 a pop. Use a torque wrench when tightening. They break easily. I learned the hard way on the first one. Then you order 2 more. Just in case. The later firewall boot doesn’t work with a early chassis. I would not purchase ‘good’ used ones. The rubber disc compresses at an angle over time.

thanks @rhodyguy .. I checked Pelican Parts but I don't see them. Based on the price point you quote (and the fact they tend to break) I think you are referring to the rubber mount with the threaded bolt through it (shaded in red below). I'm in need of the metal bracket that attaches the rubber mount to the engine roughly circled in red below (not the part that is shaded in red).
Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Search ‘914 engine mounts’. Plenty of offerings. Everything comes apart, put new stuff back in. Bruce’s outer mounts are nice. Especially with new hardware. New stuff back in.
bdstone914
[quote name='realjobdon' date='Jan 26 2023, 10:34 AM' post='3053649']
[quote name='bdstone914' post='3053519' date='Jan 25 2023, 02:34 PM']
[quote name=

@Realjobdon

I do have a set of brackets
Bruce
realjobdon
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Jan 26 2023, 03:34 PM' post='3053716']
[quote name='realjobdon' date='Jan 26 2023, 10:34 AM' post='3053649']
[quote name='bdstone914' post='3053519' date='Jan 25 2023, 02:34 PM']
[quote name=

@Realjobdon

I do have a set of brackets
Bruce
[/quote]

Thanks Bruce. I'll send you a message.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.