Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carrera tensioners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
goose2
Who has the best deal on the six cyl tensioner upgrade kit? Someone told me they got a kit recently for $375, but I can't remember where they got it.
Thanks
Sammy
Is this for a 3.0? Which year? If you have the upgraded bracket arms which came out in early 1980 or something like that, you may want to consider the safety collars instead of the carrera tensioners.
At one time everyone was regurgitating whatever bruce Anderson was saying, and he was saying carrera tensioners.

That is changing. Lots of folks experienced failures with new or almost new carrera tensioners.
Some folks are just installing the inexpensive safety collars on the stock tensioners. That way if they ever fail you get some noise but no real damage. Lots less $$$ too.
goose2
Sammy...it's an '80 3.0L. I've been reading up on the tensioner issue and have received a couple PM's stating the same opinion (that they're not necessary and maybe a step backward). I like the safety collar idea...especially if it saves me significant $$'s and doesn't jeopardize my motor. Some people have experienced oil pressure loss with the Carrera tensioners also, I understand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.