Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WAAAYYYYY OFF TOPIC: Gymkhana 2022
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Craigers17
This has no Porsche content, but.....pretty amazing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXzPkkQirnM
Van B
Because these videos are now about pastrana they are way more aggressive and less about precision skill. I like it, a nice change of pace.
Brian Fuerbach
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Dec 7 2022, 05:04 PM) *

This has no Porsche content, but.....pretty amazing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXzPkkQirnM

Unbelievable that the car was able to make it without major mechanical failure. driving.gif
Superhawk996
Meh.

Original Hoonigan ?

Click to view attachment
carr914
It was really cool until they brought Super Douche Cleetus into the Video ( I won the 14 Hours of Sebring ChumpCar race with him as a Teammate but didn't stick around for the Award Ceremony because of that Clown)
carr914
Travis seems like a Cool Guy!
I was impressed by the Monster Truck driving

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

East coaster
My friend Mark Gomez did the jetski scenes
Front yard mechanic
I like the coroner parked in the scenes
Craigers17
Gotta admit that the "Duke Boys" and the General Lee came to mind when Travis jumped the bridge.....but, when I thought back on my days watching the show, I remember the General Lee doing a nose dive more times than not when they cut to commercial. I know they destroyed a ton of cars in that show. Travis actually nailed these jumps....and I assume he was doing North of 130 when he hit them.

I felt the same as the poster above....it's a testament to this car's build that it actually survived both structurally and mechanically.

I really remember thinking ....my 914 shifter has a little more play in it than the one in this Subaru.

Also, I think it's pretty cool that people in the forum actually have some connections to this. Finally, Travis just resides on a different planet than most of us!
Superhawk996
43 year difference in technology.

Digital editing - that certainly wasn’t all shot in a single take. Rubber already on the roads from previous takes and practice runs. No way to know what was damaged between scenes.

Modern materials and suspension tech. Cro—Mo cages, long travel dampers with custom damping. 800 Hp in a light weight chassis which was practically unobtainable in 70s.

Jumps that are more choreographed than a Britney Spears video. Jumps computer modeled for vehicle specific approach & departure angles, speed, required to satisfy insurance and municipalities risk assessments.

Still plenty of nose dive
Click to view attachment

Meh . . . but that’s just me. Not like the days of Evel lining up ramps and angles by eye and then going for it.
JmuRiz
Super cool car, here's an overview of all the trick stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWoPY9TJN1k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.