Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Tachometer part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rod911964
Need some help.
I have disassembled my 914 gauges to install LED back lighting.
When I disassembled the tachometer this little white part dropped out.
Need some help with what it is and where does it go.
Thanks in advance.
Rod911964
See pic
Retroracer
I don't have a VDO tach in pieces right now to show you - but from memory, these are the spacers which sit between the back of the case and the mechanism core. If this has fallen out (and you have not removed the bezel) then someone has unscrewed those locating screws on the back at some point. Or, it has been repaired and someone was careless in zipping it back up?

If it was me - and the tach works fine - ignore and continue driving. If the tach is malfunctioning, then either a) you're prying the bezel off to investigate / fix or b) you contact NHS or PAS to get things sorted.

This item should not simply fall out of the tach! Hope this helps,

- Tony

PS. I have a bunch of these if you're just missing one. Ping me if you need extra
Rod911964
I have the gauge completely dissassembled, eg: can opened, bezel off, screws removed. The can(s) are now empty. is there a diagram where this white part goes within the tach. I'll probably reassembled in the next couple of days and desire to get it right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.