Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal cluster question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DLewis
Can someone tell me if a 916/6 and a 914/4 pedal cluster is the same?
Thanks, Dean
sixaddict
Bruce says no.
There is lever/bracket on 6 versionfor hand throttle. Checked recently bc had a 4 and was hoping to use on a 6 I bought.
No deal so sold.

quote name='DLewis' date='Dec 13 2022, 03:54 AM' post='3044976']
Thanks, Dean
[/quote]
Jamie
[quote name='sixaddict' date='Dec 13 2022, 04:59 AM' post='3044981']
Bruce says no.
There is lever/bracket on 6 versionfor hand throttle. Checked recently bc had a 4 and was hoping to use on a 6 I bought.
No deal so sold.

Thanks, Dean
[/quote]
[/quote]
I've read here several times about a "hand throttle" on a 6 so what does it do? Sounds like it could be a manual choke or even a cruise control?
Steve
The hand throttle is for carbs and there are after market kits if you want this functionality. It’s nothing but an extra plate on the throttle arm that a manual rod pushes against. Since my 3.2 injection has a built in choke, I did not care about this feature. Also when I had a 2.7 with webers, the engine would idle on its own within 5 minutes, so probably not needed accept in very cold climates.
https://914rubber.com/manual-throttle-actuator-kit-1
Cairo94507
On a 6, the hand throttle is just that. It is intended for when one first starts the Weber equipped engine to hold the idle up so it warms up. The Weber equipped engines are notoriously cold-blooded and pop and backfire when cold. One would raise the idle to say 1500 and let it warm up.

Though not really safe, some would also use it as a cruise control on the freeways...(guilty as charged). beerchug.gif

I have a 3.2 with Motronic injection in my car now. Initially, we did not reinstall the hand throttle. But I missed seeing it on the hump in front of the shifter. So we reinstalled it and it now works. If I were so inclined, I could use it as a cruise control. I will not as I just don't feel I could reach it as quickly as I could when I was 30 to cancel it. bye1.gif
sixaddict
To specifically answer your question…….it allows you to increase the rpm’s in a cold start situation instead of having to hold accelerator pedal down a bit.
Functionally acting like a choke hence response from[
Injected engine.

quote name='Jamie' date='Dec 13 2022, 05:48 AM' post='3044999']
[quote name='sixaddict' date='Dec 13 2022, 04:59 AM' post='3044981']
Bruce says no.
No deal so sold.

Thanks, Dean
[/quote]
[/quote]
I've read here several times about a "hand throttle" on a 6 so what does it do? Sounds like it could be a manual choke or even a cruise control?
[/quote]
brant
except... a real choke... chokes the air inlet down and allows an overly rich mixture for starting....

this does not choke anything..
it allows you to pull the cable to a more open butterfly position on the carbs that causes it to rest at a higher RPM than the throttle stops on the carbs are set for.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the same except for the hand throttle which can be added to any 914 pedal cluster with this part: 914 423 260 00

QUOTE(DLewis @ Dec 13 2022, 04:54 AM) *

Thanks, Dean

930cabman
Could someone post a photo of this assembly? I am adding this to my Weber carbed/4

thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.