Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holy Crap Batman! GWN7 is the shipping GOD!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
wow!

take a lesson from bruce!
he rocks! a rear defogger window from canada makes it down unscathed....and you will see why!

it took my 26 minutes to find the window!!!!
LOL - thanks B
Aaron Cox
holy crap....
Aaron Cox
must have been 3" of solid carboard around it... 2" of expanding foam..... 1" of bubble wrap.....

YOwza!
balljoint
And 42 lbs of "Premium BC Organic Packing Material" right? smilie_pokal.gif
maf914
He threw in a beach towel as well? I am impressed! laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (balljoint @ Aug 9 2005, 01:35 PM)
And 42 lbs of "Premium BC Organic Packing Material" right? smilie_pokal.gif

i smoked that on the way back from the bus depot smoke.gif
GWN7
Glad to see it arrived.....safe......when I finally get to Calgary I can report to my friends who picked it up that it made the 4,000 mile trip intact.

Did the "other" part on the outside get delivered? wink.gif

biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
redshift
unsure.gif
Aaron Cox
Bruce,

The coveralls did *not* make it sad.gif

greyhound bus guy wearing them maybe?

i signed 2 slips, but got one package????
MecGen
Fuck
It was in the pocket? screwy.gif

mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
GWN7
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Aug 9 2005, 02:53 PM)
Bruce,

The coveralls did *not* make it sad.gif

greyhound bus guy wearing them maybe?

i signed 2 slips, but got one package????

They were attached to the outside of the package, with another layer of cardboard over them. It was held on with 2" scotch tape, duck tape and fiberglass tape. Check the outside of the packaging. Only way they could have got lost was if they were removed. mad.gif
GWN7
Dosen't look like it from the pics. sad.gif

If they are wearing them in CA, their in for trouble. wink.gif
Mark Henry
bit OT but....When you ship something to the US from Canada, what customs hassles or cost do you guys have?
lotus_65
how was the $$ cost? pretty cheap?
GWN7
I took that pkg down to the closest Greyhound terminal in North Dakota. Greyhound doesn't do cross border shipments. It was 1/8th the cost to ship it that way compared to sending it from here via the "other" carriers who have been known to drive over things, ect.

If your transporting goods for shipment yourself that are commercial and valued under $200.00 (USD) per item there is one set of rules and paperwork. If each item is over $200.00 (USD) there is another set of rules and paperwork. This is if each item is going to a different location. All the forms are on the U.S. Customs web site. You have to go thru the commercial side of the Entry Port and Customs charges you $5.00 (USD) as a user fee.

First time you do it, it's a hassel because no one explains what you need to do. It's the "use a broker" syndrome (who's cousin the Customs guy/gal probably works for). Once you have it figured out, the process is pretty straight forward.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.