Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Can Am Car Registry updates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
December 2022 updates:

914 Can Am car owners, please review the Registry for your cars listing and let me know of any updates or corrections needed. Its up to date with all information I have.

I just finished updating the Registry with new information collected this year and we now have 300 cars listed. Information was updated on over 60 cars. I plan to do additional general site maintenance, but please let me know of anything specific I should prioritize.

https://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/914CanAmRegistry.htm

From data collected over this past year:

Certified 914 Can Am Cars
135 of 300 cars = only 45% of the Registry cars are officially documented with a COA, PPS, CTS or Zertificate.
We also have documented more than 30 known 'tribute' 914 Can Am cars, where a few are executed extremely well. Flattery is sometimes good, sometimes bad. There are likely several hundered light ivory and black 914's within the 914 Can Am car VIN range providing opportunity to those less scrupulous.
Please be extra encouraged to officially document your 914 Can Am car sooner than later, all things considered. COAs are no longer available, and as time goes by getting official documentation will likely be more costly and harder to obtain.

Newly found 914 Can Am cars
A net gain of nine cars:
10 cars total added
1 car removed due to VIN 14680 lost to hurricane Ian
A net gain of 5 BB and 4 CS cars

185 BB = 62% are Bumblebees
115 CS = 38% are Creamsicles
300 total cars

Three 914 Can Am tribute cars were added on the separate registry at the bottom of the page

914 Can Am car Recent Sales
Five exceptional 914 Can Am cars realized values over $40,000 this year:
BB=$40,000
BB=$41,500
BBGT=$48,000 Austria 914GT
CS=$65,000
CS=$70,000

Thanks to everyone who has contributed information about LE cars they own and find, and for continually sending me information to make this Registry as complete as possible.

A Happy 914 Can Am Car New Year to all
jhynesrockmtn
Thanks for all you do to support the registry!

Click to view attachment
scallyk9
Thank you for the update and maintaining the registry!
914werke
The Creamsicle's are pulling bank!
ddire333
Thanks Jeff, really appreciate the work you put in to keep up to date
JeffBowlsby
Please see my added note in the first post above, about Certified 914 Can Am Cars
JeffBowlsby
An update to this update thread.

I recently learned of another 914 LE Bumblebee from Arden NC, since the first post of this thread. This car brings us to 300 914 Can Am cars on the Regisry, the perfect milestone to wrap up 2022.

See VIN 15140 on the Registry. Mark F, the long time owner has quite a legacy with this car, owns other 914s and other P-cars. He has built them, raced them, ralleyed them and intends to pass them to the next generations of his family. Passion.

I also found record of this years sale of a beautifully restored Austrian 914GT Bumblebee for 45K euros, VIN 16319 also on the Registry. Bumblebee values are holding their own.

First post in this thread has been updated to display the correct stats.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.